Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#244148 - 16/12/2004 15:48 Empeg ALWAYS crashes when sync'd with Emplode
bodybag
addict

Loc: Southern California
Ok, I thought this was a HD problem... it's not. Then I thought maybe the HD cable... not that either. Basically, one of my players (the one I consider my "Master Empeg") just trashes all the playlists when I make any changes in Emplode. It throws away my playlist structure and some of the FID's as well. What I get is a player that has total randomness for playlists, nothing in the right place and some music missing/deleted completely. Emplode ends the sync with the "Length of Playlist does not match..." about 50 times. I can repair with my backup I keep on my PC using FTP, but as soon as I go back to Emplode to make changes, it gets scrambled on sync. Any Ideas???

2.0 final, Hijack 3.80, nothing else fancy.

#244149 - 16/12/2004 15:57 Re: Empeg ALWAYS crashes when sync'd with Emplode [Re: bodybag]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Do you have a bootup log?

Are you doing emplode wirelessly and losing your connection?

Are you running the same version of emplode and player?

#244150 - 17/12/2004 19:47 Re: Empeg ALWAYS crashes when sync'd with Emplode [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
bodybag
addict

I'll have to get a boot log. It's not wireless. Same version on everything. Any other ideas? Anyone?

#244151 - 17/12/2004 21:59 Re: Empeg ALWAYS crashes when sync'd with Emplode [Re: bodybag]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
I assume you are using ethernet since you are using FTP. Have you tried doing this with either serial or USB while using emplode?

Have you tried using jEmplode over the same links?

Which host OS are you using?

Do you have a firewall or router with packet management features that silently drops packets of LAN traffic?

Can you examine inside of the ethernet socket and check for bent, damaged or crossed wires? (...and before the entire community jumps in here, I would like it to be checked to eliminate it as a fault - even if ethernet DOES appear to be working OK).
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#244152 - 18/12/2004 20:14 Re: Empeg ALWAYS crashes when sync'd with Emplode [Re: schofiel]
bodybag
addict

Yes, I am using Ethernet. Haven't tried using USB or Serial, but I wll just to test.

Haven't tried JEmplode, but I'll try that too.

Which OS? This happens at home using XP Home and at work when using Win 2000 Pro. Only happens to ONE PLAYER, not all my players.

No firewall.

I think checking the ethernet socket would be pointless since it happens both at home and work on only this one player. Also, I can FTP to this particular player with no problems at all.

Right now I just made some changes to another one of my players and sync'd in Emplode, then, sync'd that player with my PC. Using my PC "backup", I then sync'd my "problem" player to my PC using WSFTP and the changes I made to playlists and music on my first player in Emplode are reflected properly on my problem player. Rebooted the problem player and ran it for about 10 minutes with no issues, playlists and music is exactly as it should be. Connected to Emplode, everything appears in Emplode correctly with all the playlists and music when Emplode opens. Made an insignificant change (removed 1 song that only had 1 reference) and re-sync'd this problem player in Emplode. Once the sync finished the player was completely F'd up again. Playlists and music scrambled around and errors (length of playlist "XXX" does not match...) after sync.

I don't get it, what gives?