Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#244217 - 16/12/2004 21:38 rio flash players' protocol
maulik
new poster

Hello all,

i was referred by a/the RMML developer to look around these forums for people who might be familiar with usb communication protocol for the newer rio flash players (chiba/cali). i am hoping to write a piece of software that would automatically organize my music by making playlists for albums and genres.

if anybody knows the protcol, or knows of a project that's already done this, or has contact info for somebody who does, i'd love to hear from you.

i've heard about the rioutil project, but i think you need to install their own firmware, which i'm not particularly keen on doing.

thanks you for your time,
cheers,
Maulik
[email protected]

#244218 - 17/12/2004 15:11 Re: rio flash players' protocol [Re: maulik]
time
enthusiast

Loc: Pacific Northwest
In looking at the rioutil, I'm very doubtful you'd need to install any foreign firmware. However, you would need to be running Linux. KRioUtil is under active development for KDE users. And Prioutil which is the now discontinued Perl front-end. All these use rioutil(protocol source files appear to be available there) as the basis for their implementations. Good news is that it appears they support the bulk of the flash player line.

Good luck in your efforts,
Tim