Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#252862 - 29/03/2005 12:14 GDC Clip from ScreenSavers - anyone?
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
A episode of ScreenSavers on G4TechTV a few weeks back (2-3) showed some clips from GDC (Game Developers Conference). The host interviewed numerous people including booth staffers at Intel, NVIDIA and ATI. The person from ATI is a friend annd I told him I'd try to find the clip.

I had never seen an episode before, so it was a huge coincidence that I'd watch the one where this friend gets interviewed. And to top it off, during the show, I get a call from my girlfriend, who at the time was in New Orleans at a different tradeshow with this same friend - so I got to tell him I had just seen him on TV.

I know some of you TiVo guys record the show - is anyone able to save off a portion of it as an MPEG4 (any format will do actually)?

I've searched a few P2P networks for it but it seems ScreenSavers isn't a top sharing resource.

Bruno

#252863 - 29/03/2005 14:21 Re: GDC Clip from ScreenSavers - anyone? [Re: hybrid8]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I used to record the show. The Screen Savers no longer exists. It hasn't really existed for a long while now, but it's official now. Starting this week the same show is on the air, but now it's called....wait for it...."Attack of the Show"!! What the hell does that even mean?

Anyway, sorry about that. The episode you're talking about was a while ago, so I don't have it anymore. Sorry I can't help you out. They may have a repeat sometime, so I can keep an eye on it.

*Sigh* I got TechTV just a month or two before Leo left. That sucks big time. At least his radio shows are free to download!

#252864 - 29/03/2005 17:36 Re: GDC Clip from ScreenSavers - anyone? [Re: hybrid8]
drakino
carpal tunnel

If you knew the date I could get it. Poopli seems to have a big list of Screen Savers show, but no year markers so searching randomly is difficult.

*edit*

Ok, the two shows I found with GDC in a search are 3/9 and 3/15. I have a request out from 3/9, but with no year in Poopli, it could be 3/9/04.

Edited by drakino (29/03/2005 17:51)

#252865 - 29/03/2005 20:16 Re: GDC Clip from ScreenSavers - anyone? [Re: Dignan]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Yes G4 sucks there is no possible way they are trying to make money they have to be trying to lose as much as possible for a larger write off.

Matt

#252866 - 30/03/2005 04:26 Re: GDC Clip from ScreenSavers - anyone? [Re: drakino]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Either of those dates sounds plausible. I'd guess the 15th because I believe GDC was the week before (they aired the clip the week after).

I'm actually watching Attack of the Show right now... they just installed a web server in someone's ass. Yes, in someone's ass. And while the show is on live, you can hit a web page being served out of someone's buttocks. Tom Green was a guest on the show and this seems right up his alley (no cancer jokes) - but surprisingly he had nothing to do with it.

Bruno