Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#253538 - 06/04/2005 01:49 Sync doesn't finish
TheAmigo
enthusiast

I've been spending more time hacking the empeg that using it for music and it's been about a year now since I've synced it with my PC

Perhaps this is a FAQ, but I couldn't find it...

When I run emplode, it find the empeg. I select a playlist, hit delete, check the "delete the songs from the player too" checkbox. The statusbar shows that about 3GB more will be free (sounds right) so I click Synchronize. The progress gets past Restarting Player, Initializing and Connecting to player (but the player never reboots).

Best I can tell, it only gets as far as Getting Player Version Information when it closes the progress window, plays the "Ta-Da!" sound and acts like everything's normal.

Looking back into the playlists, the one I tried to delete is still there and I can repeat the process ad infinitum. On the player, I can still play the playlist in question.

Relevant info:
- WinXP (first time Emplode has been run on this install)
- Mk2a player
- Player s/w 2.00
- Emplode 2.00 (just downloaded)
- Hijack version: 340 (yeah, I know I need to upgrade)
- Syncing over ethernet

Any pointers as to what I'm doing wrong are greatly appreciated!

Edit: With logging enabled, I get a 642K log file... anything in particular I should look for? The bottom few lines don't look like errors... but I can't really tell

Edited by TheAmigo (06/04/2005 02:18)

#253539 - 06/04/2005 13:00 Re: Sync doesn't finish [Re: TheAmigo]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
I've been spending more time hacking the empeg

Do you have any third-party programs installed which might lock the /drive0 partition and thus prevent a synch from working?

#253540 - 08/04/2005 02:50 Re: Sync doesn't finish [Re: tfabris]
TheAmigo
enthusiast

Quote:
Do you have any third-party programs installed which might lock the /drive0 partition and thus prevent a synch from working?

Yep, that was it. I stopped telnetd (what was running from /drive0) and the sync works fine now. Thanks for the pointer!

#253541 - 08/04/2005 05:07 Re: Sync doesn't finish [Re: TheAmigo]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Ah, good. You will now, most likely, need to do this.