Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#261870 - 30/07/2005 02:47 Someone please help!
thewally
Quiet One

i have bought a car with the riocar in it, not sure if it's mark 1 or 2, but it seems to look like mark 1 but it does have a rotary knob. i have a problem with the clock and date function which keeps jumping to different times and dates. i also have a function that on start up tells me the day, time and date but these do not match my clock in the riocar and it als jumps around. i know nothing of these machines and almost nothing about computers so an easy solution would help. i don't mind if there is a simple way to format the whole machine. please help me.

#261871 - 30/07/2005 02:54 Re: Someone please help! [Re: thewally]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Have any pictures ? If it has a knob I can't be a mark 1.

Here is a link to the totally awesome empeg FAQ by tfabris about the clock.
Link

Matt

#261872 - 30/07/2005 04:33 Re: Someone please help! [Re: thewally]
SonicSnoop
addict

Loc: Triangle, VA
Also here is the FAQ link to help determine which unit you have..
-D Modifying and Tweaking is a journey, not a destination................................ MKIIa : 60gig - 040103286 - Blue - v2 + PCATS tuner MKIIa : 20gig - 040103260 - Blue - v3a8 + Mark Lord Special Edition Cherry Dock

#261873 - 30/07/2005 05:48 Re: Someone please help! [Re: thewally]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
Hmmm, could it be an aftermarket fascia? The newface fascias use(d) the same plain round buttons as the MkI. They're alumin(i)um, so easy to identify... here are some newface pics.

In order to 'reformat' - you can apply the disk builder image (will also remove all music), followed by a software image (as the disk builder nly partitions and formats the drive(s)). Less drastic is to just upload new software (check the About menu to see what's currently running), keeps the music but doesn't reformat the drive(s). The developer editions gives you some handy tools for troubleshooting, so go with that instead of the consumer version even if 'developer' sounds alien and scary .

Good description of the process is in the disk upgrade FAQ just skip the physical parts)