Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#267342 - 15/10/2005 05:10 RICHTEXT
boxer
pooh-bah

Loc: Yorkshire UK
I'm trying to install "Easy Media Creator' for a Freecom external USB DVD writer, it gets most of the way through and then comes up with this message:

Error 1402
Could not open key: UNKNOWN\RICHTEXT.Richtext Ctrl.1\CLSID
Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

I've emailed Freecom, but I'd like to get the thing going, anybody know what to do?

#267343 - 15/10/2005 05:39 Re: RICHTEXT [Re: boxer]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
I'm trying to install "Easy Media Creator' for a Freecom external USB DVD writer, it gets most of the way through and then comes up with this message:

Error 1402
Could not open key: UNKNOWN\RICHTEXT.Richtext Ctrl.1\CLSID
Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

I've emailed Freecom, but I'd like to get the thing going, anybody know what to do?

First, do you have Administrator rights on that PC?
Second, install Nero instead

#267344 - 15/10/2005 06:41 Re: RICHTEXT [Re: Roger]
boxer
pooh-bah

Loc: Yorkshire UK
Quote:
First, do you have Administrator rights on that PC?

Now being an oldie with limited PC literacy, that's an interesting one, it comes up on screen from time to time, and goes away: I never know quite what it refers to - I have a new Dell PC purchased and all above board, so presumably the answer is yes!
Quote:
Second, install Nero instead

On your recommendation, I went to the site and see that an all singing, all dancing version comes out later in the month, so I'll wait for it, but I'd like to get working in the meantime.

#267345 - 15/10/2005 23:39 Re: RICHTEXT [Re: boxer]
TigerJimmy
old hand

Quote:
an all singing, all dancing version comes out later in the month

This is the most common and biggest lie in the software world.

I also recommend getting whatever the current version of Nero is and just going with that. Unless you really need your CD copying software to do singing and dancing.

FWIW,

Jim