Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#279588 - 16/04/2006 18:45 MFC & Project/Workspace style applications
sn00p
addict

Loc: South London
I've been searching the web trying to find this answer, but I can't seem to find the correct sequence of words that reveals the answer.

In MFC how would one go about creating an (MDI) application that had a "project/workspace" style container, i.e like visual studio.

MFC has a Document/View system, but I believe that assumes that the document is the top level object, in my case you'd open a "document" which filled a treeview with the sub documents which could then be opened by double clicking on them.

I've not touched MFC for a few years, but I have an application I need to write and I want to use the xtreme toolkit for the GUI (I wrote my own ".NET 2003/2005 style" docking windows library in plain Win32 API for our main product as that's a straight Win32 API app) because it has lots of nice features and it will cut down the amount of time I spend doing pointless stuff!

Any pointers, guidance or ideas are appreciated.

#279589 - 17/04/2006 06:18 Re: MFC & Project/Workspace style applications [Re: sn00p]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
In MFC how would one go about creating an (MDI) application that had a "project/workspace" style container, i.e like visual studio.

You'd stay with one CDocument per file, with as many CView instances as you needed. Where you'd probably start messing around is with CDocManager, which is used to maintain a list of the loaded documents, and document templates.