Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#282676 - 07/06/2006 17:58 Denver, CO
russmeister
enthusiast

Loc: South Carolina
I'm taking my wife to Denver with me in July. We will have a day and a half of free time.

Anybody have any suggestions on cool things to do/see in the area?

#282677 - 07/06/2006 18:18 Re: Denver, CO [Re: russmeister]
webroach
old hand

Loc: Colorado
Plenty, but can you give an idea of what you like to do? That would help to narrow the suggestions down.

#282678 - 07/06/2006 18:28 Re: Denver, CO [Re: webroach]
russmeister
enthusiast

Loc: South Carolina
I've recently become interested in historical type things and she appreciates history as well. I've also seen somewhere that there is a place you can go to see where the rockies and the prairies combine to create an interesting view of nature. I think it's called Red Rock or something?

Here's a few things we are interested in:
-History
-Nature
-Art
-Aviation
-Science
-Sports

I'm guessing that's enough to keep me busy for a daly and a half. I just found this exibit at the local Nature & Science Museum. I think that would be well worth the trip while I'm in the area.

#282679 - 07/06/2006 18:37 Re: Denver, CO [Re: russmeister]
webroach
old hand

Loc: Colorado
The museum and zoo complex is definitely worth the time, as is the Body Worlds exhibit.

I'll try and think of some more stuff that might be interesting for a visitor with interests along the same lines as yours. Red Rocks is definitely a must see while you're here, though.

#282680 - 07/06/2006 20:57 Re: Denver, CO [Re: webroach]
Ladmo
addict

Loc: Oklahoma
The Body Works thing is awesome. (Can you say 'slice and dice'?). Truly worth it. But heed the warning...get your TIME SLOT ticket in advance.

Also, if you are into nature, you may want to head to my part of Colorado, which is about an hour south of Denver (Colorado Springs) and check out Garden of the Gods. There is Seven Falls, you can check and see if the Cog Railway is operating. Depends on how much time you want to spend.