Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#284724 - 21/07/2006 09:51 Forum/Firefox Issue
sn00p
addict

Loc: South London
Why is it when I browse to BBS from another website (i.e I type the URL into the location bar) I end up with a blank screen? I hit refresh and it reloads and it's still a blank white screen.

I have to open another tab to get the BBS to load.

It's freaking annoying and this is the only site I've ever seen this problem on.

This is the page source from the failed page:

Code:

<!-- File Version 6.5.2b1 -->
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=ubbthreads.php" />
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

#284725 - 21/07/2006 09:54 Re: Forum/Firefox Issue [Re: sn00p]
tahir
pooh-bah

Loc: London
I use FF and don't have that issue. Still can't get smilies and linky's to work though.

#284726 - 21/07/2006 11:33 Re: Forum/Firefox Issue [Re: tahir]
Attack
addict

Loc: Florida
I use Firefox also and don't have any of these problems.

The blank page issue sounds like you have an odd cache option enabled or your behind a proxy. Go to this site www.cyscape.com and click on "more" in the top bar that says "Your browser:..." to see if your behind a proxy.

#284727 - 21/07/2006 11:57 Re: Forum/Firefox Issue [Re: Attack]
sn00p
addict

Loc: South London
Quote:
I use Firefox also and don't have any of these problems.

The blank page issue sounds like you have an odd cache option enabled or your behind a proxy. Go to this site www.cyscape.com and click on "more" in the top bar that says "Your browser:..." to see if your behind a proxy.

No proxies.

I seem to recall somebody mentioning something being done to the BBS with google (stats or something), my problems only appeared after that was done to the BBS.

I have no problem with any other websites apart from this one, I've only ever seen and had this problem here.

#284728 - 21/07/2006 16:34 Re: Forum/Firefox Issue [Re: sn00p]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Your browser isn't following the double redirect for some reason. The source you show there is the normal index.html file that sits inside the ubbthreads directory, and the first refirect happens from the index.html file sitting at the root of the server.

If your using any firefox addons, try turning them off and see if the problem goes away. Sounds like one of them might be breaking redirects somehow.