Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#295845 - 23/03/2007 22:13 Identify this connector
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK

I need to get hold of a couple of these white connectors, as shown on the left of the image. They are the female connector that one of these plugs into (the three cable one on the left):

Ideally I need one with pigtails on, as I never get on very well with crimping small things.

I can find a few small US websites that sell them (or at least adapters that have them on one end), but they aren't really set up for shipping to the UK. I am assuming they are a standard part, that I should be able to track down in the UK.

Patrick almost certainly knows where to get them as they are the charging connectors on a Lipo battery pack that I bought for a model plane...

#295846 - 24/03/2007 00:01 Re: Identify this connector [Re: andy]
pca
old hand

Loc: UK
What is the make of the battery pack?

You could try www.e-flight.co.uk or robotbirds.com.

pca

#295847 - 24/03/2007 00:01 Re: Identify this connector [Re: andy]
andym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manchester UK
Up late too then?

I would say the RS will almost certainly stock the connector but you'll have to polish your search-fu as without a manufacturer or model number it'll be difficult, although I think I got close (item number 512-8591).

That said, a quick google for 'battery pack molex' (I'm almost certain it's a type of molex connector) revealed:

http://www.cellpacksolutions.com/battery_Connectors.asp

They'll probably be able to tell you exactly what the connector is and therefore a identify suitable socket, and they're in the UK too.

Andy M

#295848 - 24/03/2007 06:36 Re: Identify this connector [Re: pca]
andy
carpal tunnel

The battery pack is a Dualsky XPower. I bought a couple as spare batteries for my Storm Launcher Hydroplane. To use them I have to make some alterations to the Storm Launcher and it's charger. I have Deans plugs for the plane, so just trying to track down these balance charger plugs to wire into the charger (the battery that comes with the Storm Launcher has kid friendly docking system for its own battery).

Neither of those sites seem to have quite what I want. This is the closest that they have:

http://robotbirds.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=9_96&products_id=1244

#295849 - 24/03/2007 06:38 Re: Identify this connector [Re: andym]
andy
carpal tunnel

None of the connectors on that page match it I'm afraid.

I figured it could well be a Molex one, but as you say that a long way from actually identifying which one.

Off to trawl the RS website...

#295850 - 24/03/2007 06:58 Re: Identify this connector [Re: andy]
andy
carpal tunnel

Ok, I now know the part number I am looking for, I need the JST B2B-XH-A and the pins are SXH-001T-P0.6.

I found the detail, including a full spec sheet here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6061305&postcount=6

RS UK don't seem to have them, some of the more further flung RS websites have it, but have it discontinued. Lots of far east component websites claim to have it, but I suspect they will want me to buy lots of them

Edit:

Found them here, just trying to place an order now:

http://www.pldaniels.com/rcshop/frame.php?vp=CONN-JST-XH3

Edited by andy (24/03/2007 07:03)

#295851 - 24/03/2007 07:13 Re: Identify this connector [Re: andy]
andy
carpal tunnel

Order placed, airmail cost more than the parts...

But thanks to the weakness of the Australian dollar it was still only £7.40 for 10 connectors including postage, which I can live with. The batteries themselves came from Australia as well, even though the website ended in .co.uk

So if anyone from the UK Googling for a JST XH balance charger female connector for a Dualsky XPower ends up here, I will probably have a few spare available soon.