Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#30457 - 03/06/2001 19:09 Re: Rio Car now available from Car Toys [Re: pgrzelak]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
Please consider putting the "stun/kill" option on the production remotes!!!

Lord Help Us! Can you imagine the number of returned remotes?

my stun/kill button doesn't work! I pointed it at my boss and he didn't do anything!

I was trying to kill the road rage driver who just cut in front of me but nothing happened. Do i need new batteries?

that would be an interesting FAQ section! Ha

Murray 06000047
I don't think, therefore I am not.

#30458 - 03/06/2001 19:38 Re: Rio Car now available from Car Toys [Re: time]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Quote:
"Regarding, the demo players for each store, I know they have them as I as I was in their warehouse a week ago putting content on them. ****OK, disclaimer time: The track selections and structure aren't exactly perfect, but are better than distributing them blank and leaving content up to each store... It was all we could legally get our hands on in a very short turn. End disclaimer time**** "

couldn't you put anything you want on them and just give the store you give the player to the original CD

Matt

#30459 - 04/06/2001 01:13 Re: Rio Car now available from Car Toys [Re: time]
drakino
carpal tunnel

I tried the South Colorado Springs store today, and basicially got stonewalled. The person refused to even check their systems. I eventually gave up, figuring that the south store just dosen't have the decent staff the north one does. (I've had other bad encounters down there before on other things as well). I'll have to go back to the north store sometime and tell the manager there the SKU's, since he seemed really interested when I dropped by right after Rob made the announcement.

#30460 - 04/06/2001 09:31 Re: Rio Car now available from Car Toys [Re: time]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
this would be a great opportunity for a little evangelism. Any empeg owners near a Car Toys could have a "demo days" type thing organized by SonicBlue like Apple used to have, where the users would volunteer to demonstrate the product evangelising it the whole way. This would give their sales staff more hands on with the unit in it's environment instead of on a shelf.

|| loren.cox ||

#30461 - 04/06/2001 09:37 Re: Rio Car now available from Car Toys [Re: drakino]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
I tried the South Colorado Springs store today, and basicially got stonewalled. The person refused to even check their systems.

You asked for information about a grand's worth of car stereo, and they weren't interested? How do these people make any money?

Peter

#30462 - 04/06/2001 13:09 Re: Rio Car now available from Car Toys [Re: drakino]
xanatos
enthusiast

Loc: Denver, CO
I tried the South Colorado Springs store today, and basicially got stonewalled. The person refused to even check their systems.

The North Aurora store is awesome here. All of the people are waiting to get theirs in. They installed mine, and were totally stoked about it when I told them they were getting it (I knew before they did). I went in two days ago looking for some stuff, and asked about the Rio Car, and they said the Park Meadows store was going to have a huge show where people like Rockford, JBL, Infinity, etc are going to show off their latest stuff. They also said that Rio should have a demo there as well. I don't know if the were just making stuff up or what. But they sounded excited about the product, and couldn't wait to get it in.

On a Side Note. Tim or Rob. I'm pretty sure a majority of us empeg / Rio Car owners would gladly demo the unit for the employees of Car Toys and show them the full aspects of the system, what it can do, etc.

Later!

Damien Heiser

RioCar / empeg 12GB Blue Mark 2a SN: 120001043

#30463 - 04/06/2001 14:48 Re: Rio Car now available from Car Toys [Re: xanatos]
jpski
stranger

Loc: Seattle, WA
If you are talking about the CarToys on Aurora in Seattle, I live about 5 minutes away from it. I'd show up to demo my empeg if there was a meet sometime.
-Jeremy

Mk2/40GB/Blue

#30464 - 04/06/2001 18:16 Audio King [Re: xanatos]
SuperQ
addict

Loc: Berlin, DE
We don't have Car Toys in minnesota, the only decent chain is Audio King.. but I would love to demo my empeg for people there.

12gig red mk2 -- 080000125

#30465 - 04/06/2001 22:02 Re: Rio Car now available from Car Toys [Re: jpski]
xanatos
enthusiast

Loc: Denver, CO
If you are talking about the CarToys on Aurora in Seattle, I live about 5 minutes away from it. I'd show up to demo my empeg if there was a meet sometime.

Unfortuantely no, I'm talking about the one here in North Aurora in Colorado. hehe Sorry!

Damien Heiser

RioCar / empeg 12GB Blue Mark 2a SN: 120001043

#30466 - 09/06/2001 18:49 Re: Rio Car now available from Car Toys [Re: time]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Regarding, the demo players for each store, I know they have them as I as I was in their warehouse a week ago putting content on them.

The north Colorado Springs store now has their demo unit, but it came blank according to a few people. Not sure what happened, but they are going to look into getting it on display soon, once their internet connection comes back up and they get some music onto it.

The people up there were definitly interested though. I showed mine to a few of the employees, and one said something about hitting a co-worker for wanting to do a "trash can toss contest" with it. The employees agreed that it dosen't look flashy so they ignore it at first, but once they see it going they love it.

I'll probably head back up Tuesday with my laptop in the car for any help they might need getting the unit up completly.

Oh, I have a feeling some of the early sales are simply going to be the Car Toys staff. One of the people at the store really wanted it, but he indicated he would have wife problems if he bought one

#30467 - 09/06/2001 20:32 Re: Audio King [Re: SuperQ]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
like audio king is decent
after this car stereo purchase I have given up on all the retail stores
they are all clueless and just make up stuff to appear to be knowledgeable
if you demo the empeg for them they would probably just ask why you didn't just buy a changer

Matt

#30468 - 09/06/2001 23:33 Re: Audio King [Re: msaeger]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
I have had one aberdeen store that almost denied the thing excisted when i showed it to them and then brought out the response of but the japs are bringing out MP3 players tht are far better than that and then showed me the awia head unit that plays mp3 cds.

The other smaller aberdeen store spent about an hour playing with it and genrally go wow and no that isn't possible is it?/

#30469 - 09/06/2001 23:34 Re: Rio Car now available from Car Toys [Re: drakino]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
they are going to look into getting it on display soon, once their internet connection comes back up and they get some music onto it.

Drakino, do you have any idea how crazy that statement sounds?

#30470 - 10/06/2001 01:31 Re: Rio Car now available from Car Toys [Re: tfabris]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
Like duh, Tony... Everybody knows you can only get mp3's off the Internet...

/Michael
Maybe they need to get a connection going to whereever they were
supposed to be putting the content on...

#30471 - 10/06/2001 01:55 Re: Rio Car now available from Car Toys [Re: tfabris]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Drakino, do you have any idea how crazy that statement sounds?

I can think of 2 things:

1. They need to grab the music from a company server.

2. They need to download CD-Ripping software.

I didn't dig into it much, but the people I talked to also were aware of the bad aspects of Napster (Quality, etc...)

#30472 - 10/06/2001 06:57 Re: Audio King [Re: thinfourth2]
SuperQ
addict

Loc: Berlin, DE
wow, i must be lucky.. most of the staff at the one in roseville, MN are actualy fairly good, and some of the guys have been around there for quite a while.. (atleast a couple years) i guess it comes down to chain store local management. if the managers don't give a rats ass, they won't hire people who care either.

12gig red mk2 -- 080000125

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2