Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#314913 - 12/10/2008 10:44 Larger swap partition
jcm
new poster

So I tried using Mark's experimental images, but for reasons documented elsewhere these won't install for now. But I'd still like to have larger swap on this unit. I've tried simply copying the data from the individual partitions, nuking the partition table and then recreating it as is (except with a larger dynamic data and swap partition) but the player started randomly segfaulting. I haven't had time to figure out whether this is because it's (for whatever reason) expecting very specific partitioning, or (perhaps more likely) whether it cannot understand some flags on modern created ext2 filesystems.

But anyway...does anyone know what partitioning constraints are designed into the player? Could Mark (perhaps as part of my other question on upgrade images) let us know what actually differs in those experimental images?

Jon.

#314926 - 12/10/2008 14:16 Re: Larger swap partition [Re: jcm]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
The experimental images require a Hijack kernel. I don't remember whether or not the kernel has to be installed beforehand, but it definitely has to stay "hijack" from that point forward (to defeat the default initrd repartitioning of drives that is done at every boot).

-ml

Edited by mlord (12/10/2008 14:17)