Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#316741 - 28/11/2008 07:34 What the banned iphone advert should really look like
LittleBlueThing
addict

Loc: Reading, UK
Agreed - it would be cool if it actually did work like it was shown to.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/239556/what-the-banned-iphone-advert-should-really-look-like.html

What really makes you think is that the people producing the advert must have been very aware of the real performance and made a *lot* of effort to mislead their viewers.

#316757 - 28/11/2008 18:40 Re: What the banned iphone advert should really look like [Re: LittleBlueThing]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Quote:
the people producing the advert must have been very aware of the real performance and made a *lot* of effort to mislead their viewers.

No! Say it ain't so! By suggesting that advertisers might knowingly shade the truth in their product descriptions, you are destroying my faith in the good will and trustworthiness of humanity.

I am devastated.

tanstaafl.

#316775 - 29/11/2008 13:49 Re: What the banned iphone advert should really look like [Re: tanstaafl.]
LittleBlueThing
addict

Loc: Reading, UK
Shading the truth?

That's my point. This isn't shading. This is out and out lying.

Hey look how quick our product is - buy it because it's so quick!

Now if they'd said "Look at all the cool things it can do" - that's shading the truth.

#316788 - 29/11/2008 22:03 Re: What the banned iphone advert should really look like [Re: LittleBlueThing]
drakino
carpal tunnel

When that ad aired here, it was saying "What is 3g?, it is what helps you download twice as fast", implying performance of downloading and such was twice as fast as edge. And thats true as a baseline, and to me pretty honest of what to expect. I wonder why they changed the wording in the UK to make the ad seem to be hinting at the real speed being what they were showing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPWBmAJQ1tI

Their newest ads also do say "sequence shortened" when showing the phone functions.

Of course next to most other phones, the iPhone does appear really fast.