Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#32983 - 19/06/2001 20:33 Sorting Playlistst
Taym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Roma, Italy
I'm getting addicted to this bbs...
Anyway, another supposed bug:

wen sorting the folders/playlists within a higher leve playlist, everything works fine in emplode. When navigating the tree structure of the empeg player itslef, though, the ARROW/triangle is not always before the first playlist. It seems justa graphic problem, because if I click on it, empleg correctly plays the first song of the first playlist, whoch is however NOT the one on the left of the arrow. Also, the playlists are ordered correctly, simple the arrow is not before the first one. It may be between the second and the third, or somewhere else.
I do hope I made myself somewhat clear

Taym
= Taym =
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg

#32984 - 19/06/2001 22:28 Re: Sorting Playlistst [Re: Taym]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I'm getting addicted to this bbs...

(Wringing hands, "evil genius" voice:)
Eeeeexcellent...

When navigating the tree structure of the empeg player itslef, though, the ARROW/triangle is not always before the first playlist.

What you're describing is an oft-debated feature of the player software.

Emplode can list the songs/playlists in "position" order (view/details, click on the position column). The player will also always play the songs/playlists in "position" order (assuming shuffle is off).

However. The player's menus list the songs/playlists alphabetically. This is only for display purposes. The reason is so that you can use the number/letter keys on the remote to scroll to the songs/playlists alphabetically.

Many have argued that they would prefer to control the on-player-screen display order themselves, and they don't want the songs listed alphabetically. This is not possible with the current software.

Anyone have a link to one of the numerous other debates on this topic?

#32985 - 20/06/2001 00:59 Re: Sorting Playlistst [Re: tfabris]
borislav
addict

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA, USA
What you're describing is an oft-debated feature of the player software.

Or misfeature...

Anyone have a link to one of the numerous other debates on this topic?

Here are a couple:

emplode sort left pane by name not added order
When is playlist sorting going to be fixed?

ISTR Hugo acknowledging at the US meet that non-alphabetical playlist display is being considered but didn't commit to a date or release. I guess not in 1.1.

Borislav

#32986 - 20/06/2001 03:15 Re: Sorting Playlistst [Re: tfabris]
Taym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Roma, Italy
Ok, I have to add my voice to those who dislike this feature. I understand the reasons behind that, but then I would really suggest to you emepg guys to at least put an option in the emplode software, where the HDD ICON option is, for example, to switch between the alphabetic/position ordering systems.
Consider that if I order the songs in a certain way it is because I have a certain reason and mentally order them in a certain way. Finding them in a different order while driving is simply stressful. I oder my songs by year, and when I browse them I think that that song came after this, and I hate to see it before because of its title. It's TOO annoyoing not to get what you configured in emplode. It may be just a psychological thing, but still it is annoying... I want to have the songs and playlists where I put them, I want to feel in control... I am a powermonger!! Joking...

Taym
= Taym =
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg

#32987 - 21/06/2001 13:32 Re: Sorting Playlistst [Re: Taym]
srhodes
enthusiast

Loc: Derbyshire, UK
The reason is so that you can use the number/letter keys on the remote to scroll to the songs/playlists alphabetically.

How much can the empeg do that I don't about? I have found soooo many cool features whilst browsing this BBS recently that I just didn't know existed. I'm gonna have to try this. Now I wish I hadn't left my empeg in the car

Steve - 18GB Mk II Amber

2x80GB Mk II with Illuminated buttons