Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#34153 - 08/07/2001 15:31 jemplode still stalling
crewe

Loc: London, UK
I am still having no luck at all connecting my empeg to jemplode. The software sees the player and starts connecting to it, but it stalls on 'retrieving playlist'. I have tried leaving it for hours (overnight) and nothing happens. It is not showing anything in the progress bar.

I am running player software 1.02. How do I install 1.03 using a Mac? I know I upgraded from 1.1 to 2 easily last time, but can't remember how (is it with jemplode?).

I know people have said find a PC to borrow and hook it up and things will clear up, but this is not an option. If it was, I wouldn't be trying to make this work with a Mac. To be honest, as cool as the empeg is, if I'd known the lack of Mac support from empeg/Rio was this bad and would be this long-lasting, I probably wouldn't have bothered. Oh, and my volume knob doesn't work any more - it just spins round. I took it off and just use the metal bit.

#34154 - 08/07/2001 16:40 Re: jemplode still stalling [Re: crewe]
mardibloke
addict

Loc: Penarth, UK
Just email the support people, they will post you a new knob FOC.

- --
Rod, UK Mk2 64gig Red S/No.341 2xDell RioReceiver

#34155 - 08/07/2001 17:12 Re: jemplode still stalling [Re: crewe]
dmz
journeyman

Loc: Pasadena, California, USA
I am still having no luck at all connecting my empeg to jemplode. The software sees the player and starts connecting to it, but it stalls on 'retrieving playlist'. I have tried leaving it for hours (overnight) and nothing happens. It is not showing anything in the progress bar.

Sadly, there are some database problems that JEmplode just can't repair. The only way to fix it is to run Emplode on a PC or on Virtual PC (if you're using Ethernet or serial, it should work fine with Virtual PC; if you're using USB, it seems pretty much random whether it works or not), or perhaps to run the Linux tools.

I am running player software 1.02. How do I install 1.03 using a Mac? I know I upgraded from 1.1 to 2 easily last time, but can't remember how (is it with jemplode?).

Upgrades must be done over a serial port; Virtual PC works fine for upgrading, in my experience - JEmplode doesn't, both because we never put that in the software and because it doesn't support serial connections on the Mac. If you did it with a Mac before, you must have been using Virtual PC.

-----
Daniel M. Zimmerman, Caltech Computer Science
Mk.2 #060000058, 36GB
Mk.1 #00101, 10GB
Daniel M. Zimmerman Mk.2 #060000058, 36GB Mk.1 #00101, 10GB

#34156 - 09/07/2001 17:12 Re: jemplode still stalling [Re: crewe]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
...if I'd known the lack of Mac support from empeg/Rio was this bad...

Y'know, the easiest way out of your dilemma might be to just buy and old PC, use it only for updating empeg software. I know that you have already spent several thousand dollars just on the stereo in your wonderful car, plus uncounted thousands more in the car's restoration. A quick check of ebay shows literally hundreds of suitable used PCs priced at $50 or less, a pittance compared to what you have already spent.

I think it might ease your frustrations considerably. :-)

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"