Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#3460 - 26/11/1999 08:15 Hyperterminal won't work
RCW
new poster

Loc: Batavia, IL
Alright, I'm not the brightest light that has one of these things. All I'm trying to do is get a terminal program to connect to my Empeg Car unit and I can't seem to do it. Can I ask what terminal program you guys are using / recommend for Win 98?

I'm really liking the unit a lot. I'll like it way more when I can get it working once again.

-Rob (RCW)
---------------
This thing is kewl.
#223, 20G [blue] Blue [/Blue]
---------------
This thing is kewl.

#3461 - 26/11/1999 08:48 Re: Hyperterminal won't work [Re: RCW]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Close down Hyperterm, and via the control Panel set the COM port properties to 115k, 8N1, NO HANDSHAKING (yes, that's what I thought, too). This is because the serial port is only a 3-wire connection. Restart HT and you should connect; you won't see much except during boot for the consumer image; if you want to fertle around, you'll need to update the firmware to developer from the domestic image.

The reason I didn't suggest changing port settings from within HT itself is that it doesn't always seem to pick up changes when you are already connected.

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#3462 - 27/11/1999 09:02 Re: Hyperterminal won't work [Re: schofiel]
RCW
new poster

Loc: Batavia, IL
You are king. Thanks so much for your help on this. I finally got 'er workin' again. And should be much more stable now, with 8a. You're AWESOME.

-Rob (RCW)
---------------
This thing is kewl.
#223, 20G [blue] Blue [/Blue]
---------------
This thing is kewl.