Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#349823 - 15/01/2012 13:13 Backing up photos to DVD software for the Mac?
burdell1
old hand

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Does anyone know of good software to backup photos to DVD? I already use Time Machine, but wanted to back up photos to some physical media too just to be on the safe side.

#349824 - 15/01/2012 13:43 Re: Backing up photos to DVD software for the Mac? [Re: burdell1]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Originally Posted By: burdell1
Does anyone know of good software to backup photos to DVD?
I don't know about Macintosh computers, but I can't imagine it would be too different from Windows in that regard.

When I am copying large amounts to DVD, I use [don't laugh, it came bundled for free with my DVD burner] Nero and just save the pictures or audio files or whatever as data files. Just drag them over and let the burner do its thing.

tanstaafl.

#349827 - 15/01/2012 16:56 Re: Backing up photos to DVD software for the Mac? [Re: burdell1]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Originally Posted By: burdell1
Does anyone know of good software to backup photos to DVD? I already use Time Machine, but wanted to back up photos to some physical media too just to be on the safe side.

If you use iPhoto, you can select the photos/albums you want to backup, then go to the Share menu and click Burn. This will create a DVD that iPhoto can read later, and will keep any album/event organization, edits to descriptions, and other data just like a Time Machine backup.

If you want a backup that just has the photos, you can consult this help article if you use iPhoto: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1257 . This disc will be readable on any computer, not just a Mac.

If you don't use iPhoto, simply put in a new DVD, pick a name, drag files to it, then click burn. This is all done in the Finder. More info about the process is here: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.6/en/8601.html

#349894 - 20/01/2012 11:10 Re: Backing up photos to DVD software for the Mac? [Re: drakino]
burdell1
old hand

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Thanks for the advice....i should've been more specific though..I am looking for software that will back up my photos (to a dual-layered DVD so i have to use less disks) and also keep track of what has already been backed up and know which ones haven't. Picasa for Windows used to work pretty well when I used Windows, but the Mac version of Picasa doesn't seem to work very well for that (it starts burning a disk, then get 'stuck'.