Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#354357 - 22/08/2012 14:04 Re: Looking for a simple script-lauch widget. Anyone? [Re: mlord]
sn00p
addict

Loc: South London
ok, so I installed the trial and tried a different skin, was able to get it looking at least half decent.

I do like the auto correction, much much much better than the default keyboard.

What's weird is that the position of the backspace still bugs me. What's weirder is that it's in the same place on the keyboard as iOS, and that is second nature to me! Maybe it's the larger form factor or something.

Anyway, I'm giving it a good go this time. I'm guessing it'll be a godsend when I get an Android phone.

Adrian

#354361 - 22/08/2012 16:59 Re: Looking for a simple script-lauch widget. Anyone? [Re: sn00p]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Nice thing is, if you pay for the app and use it on the tablet, then when you get a smartphone later the same app will work there too, without paying for it twice.

Cheers

#354362 - 22/08/2012 17:09 Re: Looking for a simple script-lauch widget. Anyone? [Re: mlord]
sn00p
addict

Loc: South London
Yeah. I couldn't quite work out what the difference between them was, I think I'd need to see them side by side to actual figure it out.

I know what the problem is with the backspace, it's the Nexus 7 form factor. When holding the device in both hands it's incredibly awkward for me to get my thumb to hit backspace when it's positioned so low, it's easier to hit the stock keyboards backspace because that it higher up and requires less contortions.

I gave it a another go for a while, but the backspace issue just makes the keyboard plain horrible for me to use (maybe it's my incredibly long fingers), that coupled with it insisting on trying to insert ".com" at the end of every word I typed into the "unified search/url" bar in chrome just drove me nuts.

I actually like it's auto correction when just typing in a editor, it's vastly superior to the stock keyboard. Soooooo close.

Adrian

#354363 - 22/08/2012 17:16 Re: Looking for a simple script-lauch widget. Anyone? [Re: sn00p]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Yeah. I find the BS location curious too, but I'm okay with it. The tablet-specific app has a "split keyboard" mode among other differences. But I just use the smartphone version on both, to save money and avoid confusion switching betwixt them.

#354378 - 23/08/2012 06:41 Re: Looking for a simple script-lauch widget. Anyone? [Re: mlord]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: mlord
Yeah. I find the BS location curious too, but I'm okay with it. The tablet-specific app has a "split keyboard" mode among other differences. But I just use the smartphone version on both, to save money and avoid confusion switching betwixt them.

I've got the tablet version on my N7, and the smartphone version on my SGS3. I tried the smartphone version on the tablet, and didn't like it. Horses for courses, I guess.

What I would like (occasionally) is a keyboard that's a bit more full-featured, for when I'm using SSH on the N7. Cursor keys (and a tab key) would be useful.

#354563 - 30/08/2012 20:33 Infoworld article with some cool app recommendations [Re: mlord]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3