Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#355749 - 17/10/2012 13:53 How many apples to a wall mount?
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I'm sorry, but I just had to share something with you good folks.

Today I was researching wall mounts for a client (who doesn't want to spend a lot of money). In my research, I stumbled upon one of the funnier user-submitted photos I've seen on Amazon.

While the photo struck me as funny, what really makes me laugh is the mental picture of some guy walking into a grocery with nothing but an unboxed television mount and putting it on a scale in the produce section.

I love those user submitted photos...

#355750 - 17/10/2012 14:03 Re: How many apples to a wall mount? [Re: Dignan]
Redrum
old hand

Good one. I’m guessing the hospital’s maternity ward threw him out.

#355751 - 17/10/2012 14:13 Re: How many apples to a wall mount? [Re: Redrum]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Nice one.

I'm not certain what the guy is on about with regards to the weight of the mount. That's not really got anything to do with its ability to support a TV. Maybe he's forgetting how little the 4 screws weigh that will actually be supporting the weight of the TV AND the mount. As long as everything has strong enough shear strength and pull-out strength you're golden.

Wall mounts are pretty much universally less expensive at Monoprice, but of course you have to pay for shipping.

Edited by hybrid8 (17/10/2012 14:15)

#355752 - 17/10/2012 14:21 Re: How many apples to a wall mount? [Re: hybrid8]
Redrum
old hand

I’m guessing (hoping) this guy is not an aircraft designer.

I’m in the market for a TV arm mount for my RV and a lighter mount would be a plus.

#355754 - 17/10/2012 14:49 Re: How many apples to a wall mount? [Re: hybrid8]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Yeah, I forgot to mention how humorous his assertion was too. He's so certain that a light mount is bad that he takes it to a grocery store to back it up.

Regardless, light doesn't mean "fragile." If the mount is actually "fragile" then that would be something, but if that were the case I'm guessing you wouldn't have ~1450 people giving it 4 or 5 stars.

Originally Posted By: hybrid8
Wall mounts are pretty much universally less expensive at Monoprice, but of course you have to pay for shipping.

All true, but then we're back to my Amazon thread smile Plus, for clients I need to know when my orders are going to arrive. For my own stuff, it's not essential to have a solid delivery date, but it can be all over the map on Monoprice. I like that if I need a part for tomorrow or the next day I can get overnight shipping for $4 and build that into what I charge for the part.