Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#359463 - 22/08/2013 22:55 Look who drove past my house yesterday
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
It's impressive that Google is doing street view in a tiny little village in the middle of the high desert in central Mexico.

And don't make fun (not too much, anyway) of my attempt to remove the unsightly telephone wire that ran right across the middle of the car. I'm doing the best I can with the tools I've got. smile

tanstaafl.

Attachments
Google Car-W1000.jpg

#359465 - 23/08/2013 00:58 Re: Look who drove past my house yesterday [Re: tanstaafl.]
JBjorgen
carpal tunnel

Loc: Columbus, OH
A tiny little village that just happens to be a popular place for US and Canadian expats to live or hang out... smile

#359466 - 23/08/2013 01:38 Re: Look who drove past my house yesterday [Re: JBjorgen]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Here's the thing, every time I hear about Google adding another exotic locale to street view, all I can think is "and they can't be bothered to get MY STREET?"

My house is a mere ~10 miles from Google's Reston, VA offices, and not a single street off the main highway through the area is on street view. It's annoying.

But hey, they have the Grand Canyon!

#359468 - 23/08/2013 09:53 Re: Look who drove past my house yesterday [Re: Dignan]
Tim
veteran

Loc: Arizona
Originally Posted By: Dignan
My house is a mere ~10 miles from Google's Reston, VA offices, and not a single street off the main highway through the area is on street view. It's annoying.
Maybe the employees don't want their streets/houses pictures online, so they skip that area?

#359476 - 23/08/2013 14:44 Re: Look who drove past my house yesterday [Re: Tim]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Originally Posted By: Tim
Maybe the employees don't want their streets/houses pictures online, so they skip that area?

Haha, I hadn't thought about that possibility smile It's possible, I suspect the employees in the Reston office are less engineering driven and more policy and legislation focused, but I really have no idea. Reston is a slightly odd place for this office to be located, though the Dulles Toll Road is a minor tech corridor...

#359545 - 30/08/2013 13:45 Re: Look who drove past my house yesterday [Re: Dignan]
gbeer
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manteca, California

Haha, I hadn't thought about that possibility smile It's possible, I suspect the employees in the Reston office are less engineering driven and more policy and legislation focused, but I really have no idea. Reston is a slightly odd place for this office to be located, though the Dulles Toll Road is a minor tech corridor...

Even Google needs somewhere to put their DC lobbyists.

#359550 - 30/08/2013 21:00 Re: Look who drove past my house yesterday [Re: gbeer]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Originally Posted By: gbeer

Even Google needs somewhere to put their DC lobbyists.

True, but I think (I'm not sure) that they might have a place downtown, too, which is where I'd assume they would put those guys.