Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#360222 - 09/11/2013 18:09 Re: Nexus 5 [Re: JBjorgen]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Nice! I saw someone at the grocery store today with a Nexus 5. I'm surprised to see another so soon.

#360226 - 10/11/2013 00:05 Re: Nexus 5 [Re: Shonky]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Originally Posted By: Shonky
Tony
Galaxy S is a mini SIM
Nexus 5 is a micro SIM
http://www.thechinacellphone.com/micro_sim_template.pdf

Worked perfectly and for free for me without a visit to anyone smile (for a Galaxy S III a year ago...)

Thank you, Shonky, this template worked perfectly. Vixy is now booting up her phone with a working SIM.

Her original SIM (no pun intended) was of the type where, to cut to fit that template, I had to cut some of the copper pads away too. Based on what else I'd read in this thread, I went ahead and crossed my fingers and did it anyway. Worked like a charm, just fine, no problems. A bit of fine-trimming and it fit right into her new phone, and all is well now.

Thank you!!!!

#360227 - 10/11/2013 00:45 Re: Nexus 5 [Re: Dignan]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Originally Posted By: Dignan
I'm getting a little bit of the magic that Moto X users experience with the voice commands. It makes me wish/hope that the Nexus 5 were capable of the always-listening function.

Okay, Vixy's been messing with the voice recognition, and it seems like it's very sensitive to anyone in the room saying the word Google, since that's its launch keyword. It's supposed to be "OK Google" but it seems to like to trigger on just "Google". Meaning that having a conversation about the voice recognition feature, and how it's, for example, just googling the name instead of navigating to the company address like we'd asked it to, is very interesting. It's a bit like talking about putting the toddler down for an N-A-P in the toddler's presence. :-)

It seems, the first rule about Google Phone is, don't talk about Google Phone. :-)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2