Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#358978 - 18/06/2013 03:50 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: DWallach]
DWallach
carpal tunnel

Well, I've swapped out my original APs for a pair of the newest Apple Airport Extremes, disabling the routing functionality, turning them into vanilla AP / GigE switch combos. Setup is wonky because you have to go through Apple's Airport Utility rather than the more typical web setup. The benefit of all that, though, is that Airport Utility can show you a pretty skeleton graph of your local network topology, helping you confirm that you put everything together properly.

Anyway, everything's working properly. I seem to be the only guy on the block with 5GHz WiFi. When I'm ten feet away, it's awesome, full signal strength. Add one or two sheetrock walls, and the attenuation is quite noticeable on the signal meter, with my phone claiming to have better signal on the 2.4GHz band. I have no idea when it might decide to switch over, but in practice I now have many fewer dead spots in the house. At some point, I'll get or borrow one of the new MacBook Airs with the 802.11ac and then I'll run a stack of speed tests. So far, color me satisfied.

(I decided against the UniFi system, since I really do want to keep two APs around, and I really do want the 802.11ac functionality for the occasions when I have multiple GB of photos on my laptop that I want to push to my desktop. That would have made a UniFi setup much, much pricier.)

#358980 - 18/06/2013 11:24 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: DWallach]
K447
old hand

Loc: near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
What are you using to tie the router-disabled Airport Extremes together in your network?

What router are you using?

#358981 - 18/06/2013 13:37 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: K447]
DWallach
carpal tunnel

I've got a router with built-in DSL modem from Draytek. It's "only" 100 Mbit and doesn't do 5GHz, but it wasn't too spendy and people on this board have spoken highly of Draytek. 1.5 years after buying mine, it's still working fine, whereas the Netgear boxes I'd bought previously only lasted 6-12 months before having heat-induced early death problems.

I disabled the Draytek's internal wireless and plugged it into one of the Airport Extremes. My builder was smart/lucky enough to have run Cat5e wire from all the outlets to a central closet, where I have the router, so I'm using one of those runs as a GigE line to the second Airport Extreme, which is parked in my home theater where it both provides WiFi and acts as a switch to connect the TiVo and other gear in the rack.

(Previously, the downstairs duty was covered with a D-Link 1522, which died from heat issues, and I replaced that with a cheap Asus router that could run in AP mode. That was again having problems, and is now replaced with the Airport Extreme.)

The closet is upstairs in one corner of the house. The home theater is downstairs in the other corner. The two Airport Extremes, together, seem to be doing a fine job of covering the house.

As you might imagine, I'm now increasingly sensitive to whether my network gear has been engineered with heat in mind. When I saw the iFixit teardown with a sizable heat sink attached to the control board, and a fan attached to the power supply, I concluded that Apple's new hardware was worth the price premium. We'll see how that pans out.

#358982 - 18/06/2013 13:51 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: DWallach]
K447
old hand

Originally Posted By: DWallach
... I'm now increasingly sensitive to whether my network gear has been engineered with heat in mind. When I saw the iFixit teardown with a sizable heat sink attached to the control board, and a fan attached to the power supply, I concluded that Apple's new hardware was worth the price premium. We'll see how that pans out.
From the iFixIt tear down;

"... our first glimpse is what appears to be a heat sink… But it's not. <Suspense> ..."

#358983 - 18/06/2013 14:19 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: K447]
DWallach
carpal tunnel

They're talking about the space in the middle. If you go to the top of the second page of the teardown ("step 10"), they're talking about removing the heat sink that's attached to the logic board. That sort of thing is surprisingly absent from other consumer gear.

#358986 - 19/06/2013 15:19 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: DWallach]
K447
old hand

They're talking about the space in the middle. If you go to the top of the second page of the teardown ("step 10"), they're talking about removing the heat sink that's attached to the logic board. That sort of thing is surprisingly absent from other consumer gear.
I had to re-read the teardown before I became unconfused. You are correct, and it is nice to see attention paid to proper cooling.

I will say that my 5th (just prior to the new design under discussion) generation Airport Extreme and Time Capsules do run warm, but have never given me any trouble. They are sitting in open air with plenty of air circulation.

#359035 - 25/06/2013 15:32 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: robricc]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Originally Posted By: robricc
Originally Posted By: Dignan
All in all, how easy is it to set up? How easy would it be with and without the EC2 hosted controller? I've never worked with that before. Anyway, the place I'm installing the system can easily stick a computer somewhere, so I won't need to host it. I'm assuming that would be pretty straightforward. Did you find it fairly simple to set up? I imagine it's harder than setting up your average router, but how much more so?

I do have experience with other cloud hosting services, but this was my first time working with EC2. It was very simple, but requires a basic understanding of setting DNS records to do it right. Since a working image with the controller software was provided already, there is no need to work with the Linux command line and install anything. You just need to install the image, give it a static IP, and optionally point a DNS A-record to it for a domain name.

The controller software obviously has a Windows and OS X version. You could easily use those options for something on-site, but I have no experience with it. Thinking logically, an install with local controller should be simpler. However, I found the cloud-based install to be a piece of cake.

Rob, what do I need in order to get started with EC2? Did you use the free service for this? Can I run multiple controllers on EC2 for different locations?

#359037 - 25/06/2013 15:45 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: Dignan]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: Dignan
Rob, what do I need in order to get started with EC2? Did you use the free service for this? Can I run multiple controllers on EC2 for different locations?

I just used my regular Amazon account to sign up for EC2. It's currently running on the free tier. It's only free for a year, however.

Version 3 of the Unifi firmware allows for multi-tenant installs. So, you would be able to monitor multiple sites using one instance of EC2 or whatever your controller is running on. When I was setting this up, 2.9x was the current stable firmware, so that's what I went with.

You can run as many controllers as you want with with Amazon. Only the first one will be free if you want to keep them all running under the same Amazon account. I don't know what the cost will be per month yet, but forum anecdotes seem to calculate it at $7-12 per month for a small install such as what I did. The cost will vary based on how much data is sent from the APs to the controller in Amazon's cloud. More APs on-site, and the price will go up.

#359041 - 25/06/2013 16:52 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: DWallach]
drakino
carpal tunnel

At some point, I'll get or borrow one of the new MacBook Airs with the 802.11ac and then I'll run a stack of speed tests. So far, color me satisfied.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/06/os-...c-wi-fi-speeds/

So far, I'm impressed with the range gains on the new 802.11ac Airport Extreme unit. My entire apartment is now covered reliably, whereas before I was having some slowdowns below my internet speeds in areas with the older unit.

Also good to note, the new Airport Extreme now officially supports doing Time Machine backups to a USB attached disk, per the manual.

#359045 - 26/06/2013 03:03 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: robricc]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Thanks Rob, that's very useful info. I'm hoping that version 3 comes out pretty soon, because I've heard some bad things about client isolation on current firmware.

Is there a good guide on how to set up the controller on ec2?

#359046 - 26/06/2013 10:15 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: Dignan]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA

#359109 - 09/07/2013 22:20 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: robricc]
Taym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Roma, Italy
Matt,
I am reading this only now. We are renting space for one of our sites in Seville (Spain), and it came with UniFi WAPs. I have very little experience with them. But I can tell you that we're getting way more complaints than I would expect, at least if compared with similar setting (in terms of nr. of people, nr. of waps, and size of the areas to be covered) where we use Cisco Aironet WAPs. I can tell you that in my experience Aironet WAPs are quite stable and effective. Have you ruled out Cisco for some reason? In any case, I have NO actual data to think UniFi is "bad" - we still need to sort out what is happening in our Seville offices -, but, at present, I am not too confident on their quality.

As to a controller, Aironets are so stable that we basically never have to reconfigure them. We have 40 devices in the building where I work, and we have no controller. I'd definitely benefit from one, but not hugely.
I agree that a controller will bring benefits to roaming, in theory, as mentioned above. BUT, as a matter of fact, in the 40 WAPs setup we have, roaming never seemed to be an issue. So, I would assume that Aironets will work well in smaller environments.

Having said that, I do agree that peopagation of WiFi signal is unpredictable. I recommend a WiFi survey to optimize WAP location. Without it, we wouldn't have made it - I too work in a 2 centuries old building with think concrete walls, metal pipes long forgot in them, and what not.

Edited by Taym (09/07/2013 22:32)
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg

#359111 - 10/07/2013 13:00 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: Taym]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Originally Posted By: Taym
Matt,
I am reading this only now. We are renting space for one of our sites in Seville (Spain), and it came with UniFi WAPs. I have very little experience with them. But I can tell you that we're getting way more complaints than I would expect, at least if compared with similar setting (in terms of nr. of people, nr. of waps, and size of the areas to be covered) where we use Cisco Aironet WAPs. I can tell you that in my experience Aironet WAPs are quite stable and effective. Have you ruled out Cisco for some reason?

Price is the only reason. I can get 3 to 5 UniFi APs for what I'm seeing those Aironet APs going for on Amazon. I'm working with clients who are much smaller than the kind who would need 40 APs, so price is an issue.

Quote:
As to a controller, Aironets are so stable that we basically never have to reconfigure them. We have 40 devices in the building where I work, and we have no controller. I'd definitely benefit from one, but not hugely. I agree that a controller will bring benefits to roaming, in theory, as mentioned above. BUT, as a matter of fact, in the 40 WAPs setup we have, roaming never seemed to be an issue. So, I would assume that Aironets will work well in smaller environments.

I think this largely depends on the type of environment you're talking about. If you have a largely stationary user base, roaming isn't much of an issue. If you're going to have people moving all over your building, roaming is essential. For my own home, roaming would be essential. I'm sick of having my devices struggle in vain to connect to an AP on the other side of my house when I'm sitting right next to another AP.

Basically, I like the flexibility of the UniFi products. I don't think they're perfect, but they fit a specific need and they do it at very low costs...

#359155 - 13/07/2013 21:21 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: Dignan]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

I now have two UniFi access points installed in my house. One is on the top floor (of three) at sort of the front-right side of my home. The other is in the left-back on the middle floor in our TV room.

The installation process was nearly as easy as it could possibly be. I used two ethernet cables per AP, connecting one from the AP to the POE jack on the included POE injector, and the other cable from the LAN jack on the injector to the wall jack. The AP started flashing, meaning it was in listening mode ready for adoption.

I then installed the controller software on my main PC (which is on most of the time). The only hiccup I had here is that I had other software (Tivo Desktop) using port 8080, so I paused the Tivo Desktop service and everything was fine (I don't use it that much anyway). From there the APs simply showed up in the controller's UI, I adopted them, I set up my wireless networks (including a guest network), and I was done! It was an extremely easy process!

Afterwards I started tested the roaming by starting a Youtube video on my phone immediately next to one of the APs where I had a full WiFi signal. With the video playing I walked up the stairs, into the room with the other AP, and stood next to it. As I walked I saw the signal dropping, and when I got close to the other AP I saw it go back up again. The whole time the video didn't skip a beat! I'm sure it had buffered quite a bit but it just kept going. I did the same thing while playing rdio and didn't have a drop.

I'm extremely impressed by this system. The setup was absurdly simple, and the performance that I'm seeing is solid. While I was a decent ways away from one of the APs I was able to get 25mbps down/up with the Speed Test.net app.

I also wanted to test the wireless uplink feature of the UniFi APs, so I went through that process too. It wasn't immediately clear how to do it, but after watching a very quick Youtube video I found out that it takes about four steps. You simply unplug one of your APs, wait for the controller to show it as disconnected (this part takes about 10 minutes of waiting), then choose to have the AP uplink from one of your other APs. Super easy to do.

Now, I've only had these APs installed for about 30 minutes, so I can't really say how well they're going to do, but the initial results are extremely promising. I love having multiple APs in my house and being able to roam between them with no hassle. I also like that I can expand on this setup if I ever feel like I need to.

*edit*
I just wanted to add that I went with the basic, low-end UniFi APs. These aren't even the "long-range" models, they're just the $81.50/AP models from Amazon, and I'm getting very good coverage in my 3300sqft home.

Edited by Dignan (13/07/2013 21:22)

#360115 - 29/10/2013 20:54 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: Dignan]
BartDG
carpal tunnel

Loc: Bruges, Belgium
Matt, I'm reviving this older topic because I'm curious to hear what your experience are now with UniFi now you've been using it for a couple of months. And more in particular with the roaming of your setup. Does this work flawlessly every single time?

Another thing: can UniFi be setup with any router of choice? I would expect yes, but I figured I'd ask. I've read in that other thread you're now looking into buying one of those routerOS routers, probably because they offer you a lot for their money and you don't need WiFi on the router anyway.

I must say this is a very interesing path to choose.
I'm now in dubio for my own setup : what to choose : the new Netgear r7000 AC1900 router, which is said to have excellent range and might also solve my "dead spots" problem in one go, or the non-wifi router + unify setup, which would be a bit more expensive and non-802.11 AC compatible (well, if I don't want to pay the AC price premium anyway), plus I'd have to be absolutely sure the roaming works as advertised...

#360123 - 30/10/2013 14:09 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: BartDG]
DWallach
carpal tunnel

Following up to my earlier post, I'm entirely happy with the Apple Airport Extreme boxes as APs. I don't yet have any 802.11ac clients with which to thrash them, but 802.11n over 5GHz is consistently getting me close to the rated maximum speeds when I'm in the same room as the AP. Also, I haven't had any of the weird problems with my Nests that my older APs seem to have induced (allegedly because Nest uses some sort of low-power mode that Apple groks correctly and other APs don't).

#360126 - 30/10/2013 17:54 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: DWallach]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Following up to my earlier post, I'm entirely happy with the Apple Airport Extreme boxes as APs.

+1 The newer 802.11ac unit has helped improve my range in my apartment. I have seen a slight decrease in reliability though, but it seems to be firmware bugs. My older 802.11n Airport Extreme frequently hit uptimes in the hundreds of days, and usually lose the uptime due to a power event. I've had to reset my ac unit twice in the ~120 days I've had it.

#360127 - 30/10/2013 18:51 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: BartDG]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Originally Posted By: Archeon
Matt, I'm reviving this older topic because I'm curious to hear what your experience are now with UniFi now you've been using it for a couple of months. And more in particular with the roaming of your setup. Does this work flawlessly every single time?

Here's thing with this: if you're doing something that doesn't buffer, like some VOIP services, you'll experience a hiccup. This happens to me with GrooveIP sometimes, though other times it doesn't. If you're watching a Youtube video or using a streaming service that has any amount of buffer, you'll never notice the hand-off. The newest version of their software is supposed to be released any day now (it's been any day now for around six months, apparently), and that version is supposed to have truly zero hand-off delays. Still, for my purposes I haven't noticed any problems and the system still works flawlessly, IMO. I haven't touched the configuration panel since I set the whole thing up.

Quote:
Another thing: can UniFi be setup with any router of choice? I would expect yes, but I figured I'd ask.

Absolutely. Heck, you don't even need to access the router at all (except for turning off it's own WiFi). All you have to do is physically install the APs, then install the software on a local computer and configure it. It's very easy to set up.

Quote:
I've read in that other thread you're now looking into buying one of those routerOS routers, probably because they offer you a lot for their money and you don't need WiFi on the router anyway.

Indeed. If I'm not going to use the router's WiFi, I figured I might as well not pay for the feature. I also wanted something reliable, with good software. Sounds like those routers are the ones to go for.

Unfortunately, so many ISPs these days install the all in one modem/router. The Fios Actiontech routers are even necessary for guide data on the TV boxes. Setting up these routers for bridge mode is often very difficult. I did it at one point in my last place, and this time I decided to just live with it. I'm looking forward, however, to using those routerOS routers in situations where someone has just a modem and nothing else. I might have a situation like that next week.

Quote:
I must say this is a very interesing path to choose.
I'm now in dubio for my own setup : what to choose : the new Netgear r7000 AC1900 router, which is said to have excellent range and might also solve my "dead spots" problem in one go, or the non-wifi router + unify setup, which would be a bit more expensive and non-802.11 AC compatible (well, if I don't want to pay the AC price premium anyway), plus I'd have to be absolutely sure the roaming works as advertised...

AC is expensive. The Airport Extreme is pretty reasonably priced, considering its build quality and the competition. The Unifi AC units still have some work, from what I hear, plus they're half again as expensive.

In my home I have the least expensive Unifi APs. I've had no speed issues whatsoever, though I'm not slinging large files around very much. The low end Unifi hardware is far more than capable of handling any streaming video you might throw at it, and that's the most important need I have for my network.

As far as I'm concerned, if you have a couple thousand square feet or more, and need to cover those WiFi dead spots, there is no better solution than Unifi.

#360128 - 30/10/2013 18:59 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: Dignan]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Two success stories:

In an office:

I had a client with a ~3000sqft office space, including a class room and a lecture room. They had wireless in the middle, but it wasn't strong and it couldn't handle all the traffic from their students. I ran ethernet through their drop ceiling, and mounted a Unifi AP directly into ceiling tiles at either end of the space. Their entire office now has completely solid WiFi coverage. Pretty much 4/5 bars no matter where you stand.

In the home:

Sadly, very few homes have drop ceilings smile I don't have the proper licensing to drill holes in people's walls, and even if I did, most of my home clients wouldn't want to spend the amount of money it would take to run ethernet to the other side of their house so I can install a second AP.

In a recent home situation, I decided to try something a little different. Instead of hundreds of dollars running cable, I charged them about $110 in parts (plus a little labor) to install MoCa adapters at either end of their house. I set up one Unifi AP at the router, and connected the other to the MoCa adapter at the other end of their home. It works perfectly, just as if it were a wired connection.

#360130 - 30/10/2013 21:06 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: Dignan]
BartDG
carpal tunnel

Loc: Bruges, Belgium
Thanks Matt! That all sounds very solid and exciting! I've looked and saw that there's even a UniFi 3-pack bundle for about 250 euro. This is a good price, and I'm guessing I don't need more than 3 AP's anyway. I don't really need AC speeds either since most of my WiFi use is just surfing the net with a bunch of different devices (2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 laptop). I'll also have a look at those RouterOS routers, but I fear they'll be hard to come by in Belgium.

I also recognize what you mean with the modem/routers most ISP install nowadays. They do this here too, but I was able to persuade them to give me a modem only install instead of the modem/router because I told them I use VOIP a lot and I knew that this was problematic with their modem/routers. This wasn't true, but I really did not want one of those modem/routers because they allow the ISP to login from remote into them (and so I'm guessing also your LAN if they really wanted to) and they make your setup part of their nationwide network of free WiFi hotspots (no, thank you).

#360132 - 31/10/2013 09:38 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: BartDG]
sein
old hand

Loc: Sector ZZ9pZa
Originally Posted By: Archeon
I'll also have a look at those RouterOS routers, but I fear they'll be hard to come by in Belgium.

It seems they are quite international.
Routerboard Distributors
Worldvoice.eu (Belgium)

Not bad value too.

#360374 - 24/11/2013 15:15 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: BartDG]
DWallach
carpal tunnel

Back in June, I wrote how happy I was that my DrayTek seemed to be more stable as a DSL modem than my previous Netgear boxes. Well, the DrayTek is nearing its two year anniversary and it's having problems. I've quoted a typical chunk of the PPPoE log below.

So... it's probably time for new hardware again.

I'm supposed to be "transitioned" from AT&T's good old fashioned ADSL to U-Verse, so at least I won't be paying for a new ADSL modem. Sigh.

Quote:
0:16:32 DSL: LineFailure Update: DSL_G997_LINEFAILURE_LOSIPLM
0:16:32 DSL: NE Loss of Signal, rebooting DSL state machine
0:16:32 DSL: LineFailure Update: DSL_G997_LINEFAILURE_LOSIPLM
0:16:32 >>>>PPPoE (WAN-1) Len = 6
Protocol:LCP(c021)
TermReq Identifier:0x01 ##

0:16:33 DSL: D
0:16:33 DSL: Modem Shut Down from ADSL Phy Layer (0)
0:16:46 DSL: DSL Rebooting...IPLM
0:17:04 DSL: DSL Rebooting...IPLM
0:17:21 DSL: DSL Rebooting...IPLM
0:17:39 DSL: DSL Rebooting...IPLM
0:17:56 DSL: DSL Rebooting...IPLM
0:18:22 DSL: DSL SHOWTIMEIPLM
0:18:28 >>>>PPPoE (WAN-1) Len = 10

ConfReq Identifier:0x00
MRU: 1500 ##

0:18:28 <<<<PPPoE (WAN-1) Len = 20
ConfReq Identifier:0x14
MRU: 1492
Authentication Type:
PAP
Magic Number: 0xfcd6da7 ##

0:18:28 >>>>PPPoE (WAN-1) Len = 20
ConfAck Identifier:0x14
MRU: 1492
Authentication Type:
PAP
Magic Number: 0xfcd6da7 ##

0:18:28 <<<<PPPoE (WAN-1) Len = 10
ConfAck Identifier:0x00
MRU: 1500 ##

0:18:28 >>>>PPPoE (WAN-1) Len = 32
Protocol:PAP(c023)
Authenticate-Request Identifier:0x01 Peer-ID:**********@att.net Password:****** ##

0:18:29 <<<<PPPoE (WAN-1) Len = 7
Protocol:PAP(c023)
Authenticate-Ack Identifier:0x01 Message: ##

0:18:29 >>>>PPPoE (WAN-1) Len = 34
Protocol:IPCP(8021)
ConfReq Identifier:0x00
Vendor Specific: 00 00 0c 01 00 00 00 00
IP Address: 0 0 0 0
Primary Domain Name Server: 0 0 0 0
Secondary Domain Name Server: 0 0 0 0 ##

0:18:29 <<<<PPPoE (WAN-1) Len = 16
ConfRej Identifier:0x00
Vendor Specific: 00 00 0c 01 00 00 00 00 ##

0:18:29 >>>>PPPoE (WAN-1) Len = 24

ConfReq Identifier:0x01
IP Address: 0 0 0 0
Primary Domain Name Server: 0 0 0 0
Secondary Domain Name Server: 0 0 0 0 ##

0:18:29 <<<<PPPoE (WAN-1) Len = 24
ConfNak Identifier:0x01
IP Address: 76 202 13 107
Primary Domain Name Server: 68 94 156 1
Secondary Domain Name Server: 68 94 157 1 ##

0:18:29 >>>>PPPoE (WAN-1) Len = 24
ConfReq Identifier:0x02

0:18:29 <<<<PPPoE (WAN-1) Len = 24
ConfAck Identifier:0x02

0:18:29 <<<<PPPoE (WAN-1) Len = 12
ConfReq Identifier:0xCC
IP Address: 151 164 182 40 ##

0:18:29 >>>>PPPoE (WAN-1) Len = 12
ConfAck Identifier:0xCC
IP Address: 151 164 182 40 ##

0:28:47 DSL: LineFailure Update: DSL_G997_LINEFAILURE_LOSIPLM
(and it starts over again)

#360423 - 02/12/2013 01:24 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: DWallach]
DWallach
carpal tunnel

Update: the DrayTek is well and truly fubar. Its internal web management server is now failing to serve up some of its own content (like a CSS style sheet). Rebooting doesn't help. Despite this, it's still routing packets to the Internet. Mostly. Sometimes.

So yeah, Netgear was dying after six months. DrayTek lasted two years. Who knows, maybe the crappy signal quality of the line (even our voice calls are full of static now) hastened its demise. Hard to say.

I seem to have AT&T scheduled for Tuesday AM. We're going to upgrade to UVerse proprietary DSL, and I'm hoping they can also debug the line noise.

Sigh.

#360427 - 02/12/2013 09:03 Re: Wireless Access Points [Re: DWallach]
Shonky
pooh-bah

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Try upgrading/reprogramming the firmware? Has resurrected the odd modem/router (and other devices) for me. Flash memory can and does drop bits every now and then.
#40104192 120Gb (no longer in my E36 M3, won't fit the E46 M3)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2