Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#36124 - 08/08/2001 08:47 WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!
omarkhayyam
journeyman

Loc: Chicago
After being plauged with much car related bad luck (culminating in a car accident the day before I was supposed to get my empeg installed), I my empeg is finally happliy at home in my car.

I had it installed in a '97 A4 at Abt electronics in Chicago (well Morton Grove techically), and they did a fantastic job. I was especially impressed for a couple of reasons-

1. Everything in the install wais non-standard. The car (damn Germans ), the trim kit, the wiring (I had them run some RCA cable from the line in so I could hook up a portable device).
2. I went there, told them what I wanted, and they handled it. Everything worked perfectly the first time. They dealt with the switched wires on Audi's ISO harness, the RCA inputs have NO line noise, and they even found and calibrated the Equalizer without me telling them about it.
3. Eveything looks great. There are no visible signs that an install was ever done (save for the new empeg in the dash).
4. What also really impressed me was that the guy who was doing my install had actually worked with an empeg before, albeit a mark1.

I've been all smiles since I got the car back. And let me tell you, when I headed over to LSD south and flipped on the song of the same name, I was in heaven (of course, I nearly crashed while staring at my new baby ).

So in case you can't tell, I'm a happy camper. Thanks to the guys at Empeg, and at Abt. If any of you are in the Chicago-land area, I highly recommened going to Abt. Your install will be done right. Also, if anyone looking to have an empeg installed lives around Evanston or Geneva (not Lake Geneva), I'll be happy to show you my setup.

Cheers,
Adam

"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care..."
-office space

#36125 - 08/08/2001 11:39 hehe... [Re: omarkhayyam]
omarkhayyam
journeyman

Loc: Chicago
I decided that the empeg is the easiest product in the world to sell. I took some guys out to the parking lot to demo it, and on the walk over (it's a long walk) I was telling them about how everything about the unit is top notch - Hardware, Software (pending v2.0 ), Support, Upgradeability. This one guy who was looking for a car mp3 player was drooling before we even got to the car. Once we got there and he saw that all my bragging about the empeg was true, he was about ready to yank it out of my dash and take off.

Of course this has nothing to do with my sales ability, and everything to do with the fact that this thing is so cool that once people know everything about it they (desperately) want one.

"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care..."
-office space

#36126 - 08/08/2001 12:09 Re: hehe... [Re: omarkhayyam]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
In reply to:

Of course this has nothing to do with my sales ability, and everything to do with the fact that this thing is so cool that once people know everything about it they (desperately) want one.

I have to agree that even if money is no object, Empeg is the car stereo of choice.

My friends like the Empeg until I tell them the price. Once they realize they can't afford it, they seem to like it a lot less.

-Rob
-----
12GB MK2 Blue 090000736 (6166 in the queue)

#36127 - 08/08/2001 16:49 Re: WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!! [Re: omarkhayyam]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
Congratulations! You now have the right to annoy all your friends with annoying anecdotes of how good your empeg is, and rightly so.

PaulH, I think we need a new forum just with the title of WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! just for stories like this!

Great to hear your enjoying it. I find that you will surprise yourself how well you can dive while looking at the emepg and not the road !

Murray 06000047
I don't think, therefore I am not.

#36128 - 10/08/2001 03:17 Re: WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!! [Re: omarkhayyam]
borislav
addict

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA, USA
And let me tell you, when I headed over to LSD south and flipped on the song of the same name, I was in heaven (of course, I nearly crashed while staring at my new baby ).

I'd think that driving while on LSD isn't very safe, even without the empeg.

Borislav

Don't drink and drive, smoke dope and fly.