Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#36246 - 10/08/2001 08:46 nested playlist bug...
omarkhayyam
journeyman

Loc: Chicago
I noticed what I believe is a bug in the way the empeg handles nested playlists. I have a main playlist which contains fourteen songs by Jim Croce, and a nested playlist which contains two songs by Jim Croce. Here's where the problem is - first, I play the main playlist and at some point it gets to one the two Jim Croce songs from the nested playlist. Then I hit the 2 key on the remote to get more songs by the current artist, but it only finds the one other Jim Croce song in the nested playlist, it won't find any of the other 14 songs located in the main playlist.

-Adam

"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care..."
-office space

#36247 - 10/08/2001 09:22 Re: nested playlist bug... [Re: omarkhayyam]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The "2" key will only find artists if:

a) The songs are remaining in the current playlist. Look at the Now and Next screen to see where you are in the list of songs. For instance, in your example, there would be a total of 16 songs in the current "running set" of songs. This is indicated by the number in the lower right corner of the screen. it will say [xxx/16] where 16 is the total number of songs and xxx is how many songs have played so far. If it says [15/16], then it's only going to search the 16th position for more Jim Croce tunes.

b) The artist field is filled out correctly in the empeg database. If there are typos in the artist name, or if the field is blank, then it won't find a match.

#36248 - 21/08/2001 05:50 Re: nested playlist bug... [Re: tfabris]
pupvogel
journeyman

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
Where do I find a detailed description of that 'push-a-number'-functionality ?
I never saw this described anywhere !?

Dr. Pupvogel
mk2 #080000169

#36249 - 21/08/2001 09:17 Re: nested playlist bug... [Re: pupvogel]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
If you got a Rio Car player it's in the manual, otherwise it was in the release notes of the upgrade file you loaded whenever we introduced the functionality (I forget when it was). If you've never upgraded, you probably don't have the functionality (get 1.03 from the link above).

We need to get the latest manual online as a PDF - I thought it already was, but it would seem not.

Rob

#36250 - 22/08/2001 01:14 Re: nested playlist bug... [Re: rob]
pupvogel
journeyman

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
Yep, found this in the 'beta11 release notes':

"Running order tweaking support has been added. You can dynamically tweak the order of the currently playing running order. This works by scanning forward from the next track trying to find a track with a matching field and swapping it with the next track. e.g. pressing 2 on the remote control during playback will find the next song by the same artist as the current song and ensure that it is played next (if it exists). If the next track already fits the criteria then subsequent tracks will be swapped, so pressing 2 three times will cause the next three tracks to be by the same artist as the current track (if such songs exist in the remainder of the playlist). 2=Artist, 3=Source, 5=Genre, 6=Year. You can also swap the next track with another later in the running order at random by pressing 8. "

I got my player with beta13 on it, so I never heard anything about this 'officially'...

Maybe there's more I don't know, because it's not in my manual !?
Really would be cool to have the latest manual-version...!

Dr. Pupvogel
mk2 #080000169