Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#36802 - 20/08/2001 04:34 PHP and other stuff for Empeg
tigloo

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
Hi all,

I have successfully managed to compile PHP 4.0.6 on the Empeg. I am looking forward to create an Empeg extension for it that will allow access to the display (at least).

I hate Perl, so I had to get another decent scripting environment ready, which PHP certainly is.

My currently planned projects are: automatic playlist generation and automatic FID<->ID3 tag synch. I hate it that when I change the playlist info, the changes are not written to the actual MP3 file. (this is of course only good for people that copy files back from the Empeg)

Also, I have already created a little server class for PHP that would allow to serve any TCP based protocols. This might be a nicer way to serve information from the Empeg without having to patch the kernel.

My ultimate project is still to create a plugin-based player (if the Rio/Empeg folks are not coming over with it :) ) Still, I am waiting for a 2.0 release to decide. :)

If anybody is interested in any of these projects (or just the PHP binary), speak up. :) It will still be a few weeks until I will have my own page up, Sven, would you be willing to host the PHP binary for anybody who is interested?

Till

#36803 - 20/08/2001 12:28 Re: PHP and other stuff for Empeg [Re: tigloo]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Sven, would you be willing to host the PHP binary for anybody who is interested?

I should have the files section of the new empeg site I am doing up by tomorrow if you want to hold off for a day on uploading it somewhere.

#36804 - 20/08/2001 14:07 Re: PHP and other stuff for Empeg [Re: tigloo]
cwillenbrock
enthusiast

Loc: Dover, NJ
I'd like that binary, so send it if you feel like it. If not, I'll wait until I can download it from somewhere. I'm in no hurry...I'm empegless until the nice people in Cambridge are done with it.

--Chris Willenbrock
MK2 | 12GB | Queue Registration # 2 (really!)

#36805 - 21/08/2001 04:27 Re: PHP and other stuff for Empeg [Re: tigloo]
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Sven, would you be willing to host the PHP binary for anybody who is interested?

Sure, why not?

cu,
sven

proud MkII owner (12GB blue/green/smoked, was #080000113 is #090001010)

#36806 - 21/08/2001 08:09 Re: PHP and other stuff for Empeg [Re: drakino]
drakino
carpal tunnel

I should have the files section of the new empeg site I am doing up by tomorrow

Thats what I get for quoting times again . Right now I have the site ready to be started on the server, but I need to still configure a few things with it. I'd rather be safe on this one, so right now it looks like it will be a week or so away. Until then, the logo site will continue to work fine.

#36807 - 26/08/2001 06:15 Re: PHP and other stuff for Empeg [Re: tigloo]
EngelenH
enthusiast

Loc: Belgium/Holland
Hey I am game too, though I must say I wouldn't mind having perl on my empeg either. Still php sounds fine too.

Cheers,
Hans

Mk2 - Blue & Red - 080000431

#36808 - 26/08/2001 11:21 Re: PHP and other stuff for Empeg [Re: EngelenH]
fvgestel
old hand

Loc: Netherlands
there is a perl tar file on my site. Unpack on data partition, remove /usr/lib from the root fs( it only contains one symlink ). create symlinks /usr/lib and /usr/bin to the unpacked directories. Don't try to unpack in the root filesystem, it's too big.
There's also a perl module in there that lets you write to the display and an example script which uses the empeg's font-files to use all of empeg's fonts.
The perl-distro will be used to test my new install-program soon.

Frank van Gestel

#36809 - 28/08/2001 17:01 Re: PHP and other stuff for Empeg [Re: fvgestel]
EngelenH
enthusiast

Loc: Belgium/Holland
Coolio Frank. Thanks ..

[selfpunmode=on]
I was already worried I would get bored now that I only work 7 days a week.
[selfpunmode=off]

Yeah, I am overworked and it is starting to show, is it normal if everything around your eyes looks black and even a whole carton of red bulls does not prevent you from yawning all day ?

Still, thanks Frank, this will come in handy.

Cheers,
Hans

Mk2 - Blue & Red - 080000431