Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#368 - 19/08/1999 11:43 Ripping CD's
duranike
journeyman

Is there any way that I can rip a cd and just have the cddb stuff automatically put on the id tag? I tought i could do it through winamp, so i changed input to cddb and output to wav, seleted the tracks and hit play. It showed reading the tracks, but i head nothing and no wav and or mp3 file were created. What am I doing wrong?
-Jordan

#369 - 19/08/1999 11:49 Re: Ripping CD's [Re: duranike]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Yes. Use Audiocatalyst - this rips and adds ID3 tags from CDDB automatically.

www.xingtech.com

Hugo

#370 - 11/09/1999 12:43 Re: Ripping CD's [Re: altman]
dane
new poster

Loc: CA, US
I'd second the endorsement of AudioCatalyst - it's the fastest method that I've found. Turn on all of the file naming options, and turn on ID3 tagging. Put a CD in the drive, select 'cddb' to fill the names and such, then right-click a title, go to select all. Select the options/ID3 window, edit the publication year and genre, then click OK. Click 'grab', and wait 10-20 minutes.

Your CD read speed will be determined by the DAO speed of your CD-ROM drive. They vary from 1x up, I get about 12x, which I'm really pleased with. I've got another machine that gets 5x. Encoding speed is based upon the speed of your CPU.

-Dane