Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#37046 - 24/08/2001 03:39 Installation
Nosferatu
enthusiast

Loc: France, Champagne
I have a question about Installing the Empeg in my Car

The car is a French Citroen Saxo.

I used a Neo35 before the Beautiful Empeg.

I want to understand :

There is an iso connector for my car : OK

There is an ISO Conncetor out the Empeg : OK

If I connect both together, How my AMP (Alpine) will work
(? : How control the Remote).

Or Do I have to use the ISO Connector given by Empeg with wires and realize each plug for each cable and so the remote out from the Empeg to the Remote AMP wire ?

If someone can understand my question , I''l be THANKFUL For an answer...

#37047 - 24/08/2001 04:43 Re: Installation [Re: Nosferatu]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
There is an ISO Conncetor out the Empeg : OK

I'm again victimized by a teflon coated memory... But IIRC, the ISO-adapter is delivered unconnected to the docking cradle - you get to connect the wires from the cradle to the wires on the ISO adapter.
Use a good crimping tool or solder+heat shrink tubing.

This means that it is easy to match up even to a car with a non-standard pin configuration in the cars ISO adapter. For instance VW/Audi switches pin 4 & 7 in the connector (switched and constant +12V).

If I connect both together, How my AMP (Alpine) will work (? : How control the Remote).

If your car has the 'remote on' wire in its ISO connector, you connect the cradles remote on to the appropriate wire in the ISO connector and then plug the ISO connectors together.
If your car doesn't have the 'remote on' wire in the ISO connector - often the case when there's no OEM external amplifier - and you installed it separately yourself, you have the choice of either connecting the wire in the car directly to the wire on the cradle, or using one of the (if there are any) free positions in the ISO connectors. In the latter case you might need to buy the special connectors that fit in the ISO connector(s).

/Michael

#37048 - 24/08/2001 05:40 Re: Installation [Re: mtempsch]
Nosferatu
enthusiast

Ok, my cradle is well wired.

But I have to make myself connections beetween the Car ISO Connector and the Cradle ISO.

Thanx for answer Mickeal

#37049 - 24/08/2001 05:51 Re: Installation [Re: Nosferatu]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
The power connections are probably ok, along with the headlight dimming. If you car has nothing fitted into the hole on the car ISO that mates with the BLUE wire from the empeg, then you can just plug the empeg harness into the car.

You then will need to connect to the harness blue wire and feed this to your amp's remote input.

Hugo

#37050 - 24/08/2001 06:38 Re: Installation [Re: Nosferatu]
mardibloke
addict

Loc: Penarth, UK
If the ISO connectors of the Empeg and you car are matched then you can get adapters that just plug in between the empeg and your car, no soldering required. See here for some examples. Perhaps the Saxo does not need one though ?

- --
Rod, UK Mk2 64gig Red S/No.341 2xDell RioReceiver

#37051 - 24/08/2001 06:50 Re: Installation [Re: Nosferatu]
teemcbee
addict

The ISO-Connector is just for the power-supply, amp-remote, dimmer etc. (Be sure that the pins are the same as they are on the empeg - i have a french peugeot and I had to rewire 2 pins..)
You'll have to connect the amp audio-input via 2 stereo chinch cables with the empeg (there are sepparate outputs on the docking cache)

Is the AMP (remote) already connected to the ISO-Connector? In this case check if it's on the correct pin which will be fed by the empeg.
If that's not the case you'll have to connect the ISO-Connector with the amp-remote line.

The description of the pinouts of the empeg you'll find either in the manual or somewhere in the FAQ. The description of the car's ISO-Connector you shoud find in the car's manual or maybe on the factory car-audio itself or you could ask your dealer.

Everything clear? Hope so...

TeeMcBee
Mk2, # 080000143, 12+30 GB

#37052 - 31/08/2001 16:12 Re: Installation [Re: teemcbee]
Nosferatu
enthusiast

I finally bought 2 ISO Connector
1 (female for my car)
1 male (for my Empeg)

I connected them except my blue wire that I connected to the AMP Remote

And IT WORKS Very fine .

With my Alpine AMP, it sounds GREAT ....