Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#37485 - 29/08/2001 11:28 déja vù: empeg plays the same song twice
DWallach
carpal tunnel

Last night, when I drove home from work, the empeg started off playing a particular song that I liked, in the middle of a cool drum solo where I'd previously turned the car off. When I got home, fifteen minutes and several songs later, I turned the car off and went in. This morning, I started the car and was listening to the very same song as last night, starting at exactly the same drum solo it started at the night before.

It seems my empeg isn't always saving it's "last time I stopped, I was here" information, causing me to go backward in time.

Random details: empeg, mark 2, serial #080000133 (or thereabouts), firmware 1.03, 12GB drive, playing about 3100 tracks on random. No tuner installed (yet).

#37486 - 29/08/2001 11:34 Re: déja vù: empeg plays the same song twice [Re: DWallach]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
This will tend to happen intermittently sometimes.

When it loses power, the unit uses the last dying gasp of electricity to quickly save it current position into flash. Sometimes it's not quick enough and there's not enough juice to keep it alive while it does it.

If it only happens once in a while, it's normal. There's nothing that can be done about it. Personally, I think it's amazing that it can do it at all.

However, if it happens every time you shut off the ignition in the car, it's a known problem, covered by this FAQ entry.

#37487 - 29/08/2001 23:19 Re: déja vù: empeg plays the same song twice [Re: tfabris]
borislav
addict

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA, USA
There's nothing that can be done about it.

Actually, Hugo suggested an excellent workaround for this problem - this will completely eliminate it, provided you turn off ignition (and accessory power) before pulling the empeg out of the dash. Has that fix made into 2.0 yet?

Borislav