Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#40325 - 04/10/2001 22:01 *Unbelievably* OT: The Onion
jimhogan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA, U.S.A.
OK, what causes me to post this URL? Well, I figure we're all entitled to a little comic relief. Plus, I'm figgering that many folks on this internatural BBS may never have heard of The Onion.

http://www.theonion.com/onion3734/index.html

Remember folks: It's satire. They're trying to do their very best under the circumstances. Seriously, my hats off to them for managing to balance the tragi- with the -comic. Bad Bruckheimer movie, indeed.

Jim

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.

#40326 - 05/10/2001 02:48 Re: *Unbelievably* OT: The Onion [Re: jimhogan]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
http://www.theonion.com/onion3734/index.html

Mmm, I read it every week but that was the first one where every story made me laugh out loud. So much for Plastic's gloomy conclusion that comedy was the first casualty of war.

Peter

#40327 - 05/10/2001 04:44 Re: *Unbelievably* OT: The Onion [Re: peter]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
So much for Plastic's gloomy conclusion that comedy was the first casualty of war.

Nah, that honour goes, as always, to the truth...

/Michael

#40328 - 05/10/2001 05:20 Re: *Unbelievably* OT: The Onion [Re: jimhogan]
kazama
enthusiast

Loc: Boston, MA
I love the 'God Angrily Clarifies 'Don't Kill' Rule' article. A small excerpt:

"Look, I don't know, maybe I haven't made myself completely clear, so for the record, here it is again," said the Lord, His divine face betraying visible emotion during a press conference near the site of the fallen Twin Towers. "Somehow, people keep coming up with the idea that I want them to kill their neighbor. Well, I don't. And to be honest, I'm really getting sick and tired of it. Get it straight. Not only do I not want anybody to kill anyone, but I specifically commanded you not to, in really simple terms that anybody ought to be able to understand."