Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#4076 - 02/05/2000 01:11 Fade away info !
Nils

Loc: Germany
Hello !

I've done this request two times already, this is ( i promise ) the last time that i will beg it from empeg:

PLEASE create an option for the info text, so that it will fade out after 10 seconds, not covering the wonderful prolux graphics anymore.
So one can see the info when the next song is played or after you skipped the song/changed playlist, but after a short time, the info disappears and only the graphics is visible, many of the visuals are badly hit by one quarter beeing covered by the info, so please help that poor visuals out !!!

Nils

P.S. Maybe some stupid lawyers friend will sue you one day, because made an accident, switching off the info after 10 seconds manually to have nice visuals, lol !!

By the way, how is this stupid legal mumbo jumbo going, is there something in sight to have a legal disclaimer in the emplode to make 10a usable ?? ( or 10b in that case )

#4077 - 11/05/2000 06:37 Re: Fade away info ! [Re: Nils]
Nils

Loc: Germany
Hi !
Is there *REALLY* noone except me, who doesn't like the fact that the nice Prolux visuals are half-covered by the info ???
( no, i dont feel like running the visual without info and finger for my remote all time to switch on and off again the info )

Nils ... annoyed that such a small thing cant make it into a build ...

#4078 - 11/05/2000 09:16 Re: Fade away info ! [Re: Nils]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Hi !
Is there *REALLY* noone except me, who doesn't like the fact that the nice Prolux visuals are half-covered by the info ???
( no, i dont feel like running the visual without info and finger for my remote all time to switch on and off again the info )

You're not alone - although I think even 10 seconds is too long.. maybe more like 5 seconds, as soon as the track changes... (configurable as always, of course;) )
-mark

...proud to have one of the first Mark I units

#4079 - 11/05/2000 10:17 Re: Fade away info ! [Re: Nils]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Is there *REALLY* noone except me, who doesn't like the fact that the nice Prolux visuals are half-covered by the info ?

It's not that you're the only one. It just that it was already suggested a long time ago, and Mike said that they already wanted to do it and it was just a question of when they could get around to it.

If you read the rest of the thread I linked above, you'll see Mike mention that he won't be able to fade it out- just make the info flash briefly at the start of a song.

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144

#4080 - 11/05/2000 11:46 Re: Fade away info ! [Re: Nils]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
This has been on the to-do list for ages, it'll get in sooner or later. There are more important things at the moment, and the fact that most of us are working 12 to 15 hour days is an indication of how "small things" can add up :)

Rob