Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#42747 - 19/10/2001 14:57 search by playlists cosmetic bug
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
v.2.0b3

Okay, this is a tiny one. But when i do search by playlists, the (append) (insert) and (replace) options overlap the number of tracks making it a garbled mess. Not a biggy at all. Just thought i'd point it out.

PS - would someone remind me why PIN and Year come up before the other options when you hit the search button??? I'd wager those would be the LEAST used searches, yet they are first in line. I could see if someone knows the PINs of their major playlists and they quickly wanna access them, but that could be mapped to Search->hold. Makes more sense to me. Anyone else??

|| loren.cox ||

#42748 - 19/10/2001 15:08 Re: search by playlists cosmetic bug [Re: loren]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The overlapping text is a known bug and is in the release notes.

Pin comes up first because the whole point of having PINs is quick entry. If it weren't first, then there's no point in having PINs at all.

Cosmetically, it looks better to have Year come up after PIN. I'm sure they tried putting Year farther down in the list, but if you think about the ordering of the screens and the way they're designed, it looks/works better the way it is.

I don't mind having the Search by Title being third in the list. I've gotten used to it and it's no more trouble to press the search button a couple more times since I'm already pressing it.

#42749 - 19/10/2001 15:18 Re: search by playlists cosmetic bug [Re: tfabris]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
sorry about that, i missed it in the release notes, and i even looked too... doh..

as for the search order...

I understand totally that the PINs allow for a speedier search... I'm just curious how it's being actually used by people. How many people actually use the PINs to search?

Figured that the year following PIN was a cosmetic thing, but the functionality should be way more important than the look at that point, though your note of it just being one more button push is dually noted. It just makes more sense to me to seperate out the PIN search with a Search button hold, since it's sort of a special search function, and to have the first thing that comes up when doing a regular search be the title, etc... ending with year, then PIN just to have it there.

An option to order the list of what comes up would rock, but wishful thinking i'm sure. It's just something that's always bothered me and everyone trying to search for something on my empeg has questioned.

|| loren.cox ||

#42750 - 19/10/2001 15:32 Re: search by playlists cosmetic bug [Re: loren]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
It just makes more sense to me to seperate out the PIN search with a Search button hold,

Except that the Kenwood remote doesn't do holds.

#42751 - 20/10/2001 04:01 Re: search by playlists cosmetic bug [Re: tfabris]
Derek
addict

Loc: NRW, Germany
But the Kenwood remote has different codes, so you could have the Kenwood remote behaving differently with the old style search behaviour, and if the order was customisable then the lack of the search-hold option wouldn't worry the Kenwood only owners so much

(list 6284, Mk1 S/N 00299 4GB blue [for sale]. Mk2 S/N 080000094 26GB blue)