Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#43359 - 28/10/2001 17:10 Re: VolAdj+BreakOut+Menus: V16 Released [Re: charcoalgray99]
Taym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Roma, Italy
Foud it! Thank you!
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg

#43360 - 28/10/2001 19:11 Re: VolAdj+BreakOut+Menus: V16 Released [Re: mcomb]
94cobra
enthusiast

A funky new sound effect. With the VolAdj on high and the player starts to stutter, the volume goes up and down. I thought this is messed up bad. Then I realized the VolAdj was on high. Turned it off, now the player just stutters as normal.

#43361 - 31/10/2001 08:36 Re: VolAdj+BreakOut+Menus: V16 Released [Re: hoagy]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Okay, I'm back in town and back in the forum.

The V16 VolAdj+BreakOut patch had a leftover "printk()" in the keypress handler, which is the cause of the button-stutter reported by many in this forum. Commenting out that statement "fixes" the problem.

Since it doesn't happen "undocked", I would guess that the serial port (where the printk() output goes) must run at a slower speed when Docked versus Un-Docked, right?

Anyway, V17 with the printk() removed will be up shortly at http://rtr.ca/empeg/

Thanks to those who tried (and reverted from!) v16, and again, PLEASE TRY v17 so we can find/fix any more kinks before I proceed with the master plan to embed userspace apps into the menus.

Cheers

#43362 - 31/10/2001 09:17 Re: VolAdj+BreakOut+Menus: V16 Released [Re: mlord]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Okay, I'm back in town and back in the forum.

Welcome back! Business trip or pleasure?

I would guess that the serial port (where the printk() output goes) must run at a slower speed when Docked versus Un-Docked, right?

Yup.

..the master plan to embed userspace apps into the menus.

[drool]... I cannot wait for this! I have a little project I'm working on which will hopefully take advantage of this.. It's kinda along the "passenger seat entertainment"

Hey, one thing... I was looking at your plans for this and I don't recall seeing anything about letting user apps write some text to the screen in the same way your menu system does... Like I'm thinking the user app could call something like this:

hijack_print("This is some text", 16, 4);

To write a string starting at location x=16 y=4 on the display. Obviously if you implemented the overlay and "full screen" display modes the user apps could put together the text themselves, but since you have some fonts already in the kernel, were you planning on opening those up to the users? This would make it really easy for people to write little messages to the display without having to piece together display buffers... Right?

#43363 - 31/10/2001 09:38 Re: VolAdj+BreakOut+Menus: V16 Released [Re: tonyc]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Yes, exactly.

When I rewrite the menu stuff (this week or next),
I'll add a scrolling text window widget to the interface
for use from both kernel/userland. Maybe even wire up
the kernel printk() to it.

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2