Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#45662 - 10/11/2001 10:57 Re: v49: The Ultimate Empenguin Release [Re: mlord]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Ever since I introduced the Low/Medium/High VolAdj settings, nobody has bothered to point out that they all sound exactly the same! I mean, really! And you call yourselves beta testers!

Actually, it was the VERY FIRST thing I noticed. And I thought it was just a question of there being ver subtle differences in the variables. That's one reason I was asking for a "customizable" version that allowed me to edit the parameters. I thought I could improve upon it.

#45663 - 11/11/2001 00:55 Re: v49: The Ultimate Empenguin Release [Re: tfabris]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
>Actually, it was the VERY FIRST thing I noticed.
>And I thought it was just a question of there being ver subtle differences in the variables.
>That's one reason I was asking for a "customizable" version that allowed me
>to edit the parameters. I thought I could improve upon it.

Actually, you may yet get that wish. I'm looking at the IR stuff a little now, looking for a more convenient way to integrate multiple alternative IR codesets without folks having to get down and dirty. And the best approach I see is to dump them into the config.ini file and send it down with empode. Which means maybe the hijack driver will end up reading a file (config.ini) at some point, in which case.. customizeable menu items, voladj parms, etc..

But maybe I'll forget again by the time I return in December..

Cheers

#45664 - 11/11/2001 01:10 Re: v49: The Ultimate Empenguin Release [Re: mlord]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
I'll be amazed if we don't see it in the next release..... tonight

#45665 - 11/11/2001 15:11 Re: v49: The Ultimate Empenguin Release [Re: mlord]
rjlov

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Well, I'm totally disappointed in all of you!

Ever since I introduced the Low/Medium/High VolAdj settings, nobody has bothered to point out that they all sound exactly the same! I mean, really!

Ahem. Truth be told, I noticed out in the last couple of days that two of the volume adjustment parameters (real and fake silence!!) were just being ignored in voladj_intinit. So even if you had been setting them, it wouldn't have done a skerrick of good. If anybody thinks they need them, and isn't set up to compile kernels, let me know. (I think this is unlikely, given that it's been that way for a looong time now and nobody has complained.)

Richard.

#45666 - 11/11/2001 17:33 Re: Hijack v45: new button state tracker [Re: mlord]
94cobra
enthusiast

Is there anyway to move the VolAdj setting off the front of the push button menu. I like it on low and usually never change it. But I like to get the other settings Volume, beep and Balance without having that in the way. So either an option to have it there or just in the menu would be nice. At least for me.

#45667 - 11/11/2001 20:13 Re: Hijack v45: new button state tracker [Re: 94cobra]
mlord
carpal tunnel

In reply to:

Is there anyway to move the VolAdj setting off the front of the push button menu. I like it on low and usually never change it. But I like to get the other settings Volume, beep and Balance without having that in the way. So either an option to have it there or just in the menu would be nice. At least for me.

Well, for volume just spin the knob: no pushes required, no conflict with VolAdj.

And beep/balance are probably static settings for darn near everybody, 'cept maybe you. Or are there lots of other "per-song total readjustment" types out there?

Maybe I'll waste another bit of flash on it when I get back, which would also then allow a few other new choices.. but until then..

Cheers

#45668 - 12/11/2001 01:30 Re: v49: The Ultimate Empenguin Release [Re: rjlov]
bonzi
pooh-bah

Loc: Croatia
Truth be told, I noticed out in the last couple of days that two of the volume adjustment parameters (real and fake silence!!) were just being ignored in voladj_intinit.

Well, I don't know whether it's controlled by those parameters, but I have noticed that even at 'Low' setting the voladj amplifies very low-level noise in the 'silence' at the end of tracks to quite audible level.
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue

#45669 - 12/11/2001 03:31 Re: Hijack v45: new button state tracker [Re: mlord]
94cobra
enthusiast

Well it was just kinda annoying when using the volume and I would press the button(not nessesarly on purpose) and change the VolAdj setting when I really only wanter to change the volume.

#45670 - 12/11/2001 06:58 Re: v49: The Ultimate Empenguin Release [Re: bonzi]
mlord
carpal tunnel

I've fixed the bug Richard pointed out, and lowered the setting for "Low" VolAdj in my latest hijack kernels. Maybe "Low" will behave better for you now.

-ml

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2