Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#49682 - 11/12/2001 23:39 Emplode plsylist hierarchy button crash
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Here's the bug:

1. Emplode launched with multiple (2 in my case) playlists at the top level (right under the playlist item in the tree pane).
2. Create a new playlist at the top level.
3. Select the "Playlist" item in the tree view to show the top level lists in the right pane if not already shown.
4. Click on the second last playlist from the bottom (formerly the last paylist).
5. BUG 1: Note that the DOWN ARROW button is greyed out. Emplode still thinks this is the last item.
6. Click on the last playlist (at the bottom) which is the one you just created in step 2
7. BUG 2: Note that teh DOWN ARROW button is is NOT grey. Emplode thinks this item IS NOT the last.
8. Press the DOWN ARROW button.
9. BUG 3: Emplode generates an error and crashes.

Appologies if this has already been mentioned. I was just about to start a transfer before hitting the sack and thought I'd quickly get this online.

Bruno

#49683 - 12/12/2001 02:37 Re: Emplode plsylist hierarchy button crash [Re: hybrid8]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Feck. Good catch. Tough to fix cleanly, though.

Essentially, it's because "Unattached Items" is still in there, just not displayed. Thus, the list count (w/o Unattached) doesn't agree with the playlist child count (inc. Unattached), and the button is erroneously enabled.

This causes an ASSERT in the debug build, or the crash that you're seeing in the release build.

Anyway, I'm out of the office until next week, so I'll put it into the bug database and see if someone else wants to fix it.

#49684 - 12/12/2001 06:00 Re: Emplode plsylist hierarchy button crash [Re: Roger]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

You're lucky I'm not really pounding on emplode. :)

BTW, did you get the part about emplode putting your focus in limbo after editing playlist prefs in another thread? I don't think I emailed that one.

Bruno

#49685 - 14/12/2001 06:59 Re: Emplode plsylist hierarchy button crash [Re: hybrid8]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Pound on it. Feel free. Otherwise, we might never know about any bugs in it. Different people use different features. I never use the track up/down buttons, so I would never have spotted this bug.

And, no, I didn't do anything about the other thing. I rarely use the keyboard for using emplode. Maybe I should...

#49686 - 14/12/2001 09:18 Re: Emplode plsylist hierarchy button crash [Re: Roger]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Well, the only reason I used the track up/down buttons was because dragging the items up/down didn't seem to be working. I'll try that again too.

The focus thing I hope you do fix. I need it pretty badly to be able to use the keyboard macro software (which I'm using to modify playlist properties quickly).

Bruno

#49687 - 14/12/2001 10:02 Re: Emplode plsylist hierarchy button crash [Re: hybrid8]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Hold down Alt when dragging to reorder a playlist.

#49688 - 14/12/2001 11:56 Re: Emplode plsylist hierarchy button crash [Re: Roger]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Do you anticipate that this "Alt" behavior will be permanent?

#49689 - 14/12/2001 16:22 Re: Emplode plsylist hierarchy button crash [Re: tfabris]
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Hi.

It shouldn't be (IMHO), most Windows programs (if not all) default to the move operation when draging an item within one list.

cu,
sven