Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#49697 - 12/12/2001 06:22 Volume popup still shows when volume level locked
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
When having the volume LOCKED on the player, the volume slider popup still displays when pressing the rotating button to cycle through adjustment popups. Since the feature is disabled, it really should go directly to the second adjustment option and skip volume (since it's non-interactive when locked).

Another feature request that has just a hint over oversight/bug. :) I'm too lazy to switch to the wish forum right now I guess.

Bruno

#49698 - 12/12/2001 10:53 Re: Volume popup still shows when volume level loc [Re: hybrid8]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
Actually I think is should still show the volume slider, but with something to indicate that it is locked.

#49699 - 12/12/2001 13:03 Re: Volume popup still shows when volume level loc [Re: andy]
Dearing
addict

Loc: Florida
I agree. This was about Fader, but I think it applies to volume, too.

#49700 - 12/12/2001 13:27 Re: Volume popup still shows when volume level loc [Re: andy]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
It already does say locked. The issue is that you shouldn't be able to select a locked item from a quick-access pop-up. That's a big hit to usability and style points. If you want to see the volume level you can still access it through the main player menu.

When I lock the volume it's because I want it fixed at that level. I dont want to see it again. I use my head unit for volume, the empeg is just a source device.

I'll likely use Hijack to completely remove the push-button items for something more useful in the end if all these items become redundant.

Bruno