Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#49968 - 14/12/2001 03:29 Emplode 2bx; Windows network dies after many syncs
iceweazel
journeyman

Loc: the states
Ok, well is probably something weird in Win 9x, me, and 2k.
But I have tested this a bit.

I'm on a lan at home behind a router. I do nameservice through it as well. I have the empeg on the lan with a
local ip and access it across my switch.

After a great many syncs(20+?) with emplode 2beta(3?) I notice that I can no longer access anything except by IP. Kindof annoying but deal-with-able. Not sure if this is a leak,
a problem with emplode accessing the IP or what. Just a
note. I play LOTS of online games and do piles of net access all day. Never had trouble until I fell madly for this thing ;)
Heh, but killing my VPN and SSH sessions is bad.

Duplicated on 98b, 98se2 (e) and ME. (ME sux though anyway and I'm too lazy to screw with XP.)
On both laptop and desktop, with 2 different net cards.

Just an FYI until I get around to looking at what is happening.

Ed

#49969 - 14/12/2001 09:41 Re: Emplode 2bx; Windows network dies after many syncs [Re: iceweazel]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Not quite sure I understand the exact nature of the problem. Are you saying that the DNS name service on your DNS server dies after a certain amount of traffic?

#49970 - 14/12/2001 19:47 Re: Emplode 2bx; Windows network dies after many syncs [Re: tfabris]
iceweazel
journeyman

Loc: the states
Nope, windows is no longer able to ask for a name. No clue
why. Its like it just stops making the request. I can sit and
wait forever while windows attempts to connect to something but the NS never gets another request from my box after a while.

(gethostbyname dies?)

Ed

#49971 - 14/12/2001 19:49 Re: Emplode 2bx; Windows network dies after many syncs [Re: iceweazel]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Hmmm. Open socket? Blocking call? Something like that? This is interesting. Wish I knew what tools to use to debug it.