Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#53176 - 01/01/2002 10:16 Virtual IR codes for non-remote selectable functions
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Hi.

With the IR mapping functionality of MLord's Kernel versions (and the prior IR-translate patches), it would seem highly usefull to have virtual IR-codes that allow direct access to specific functions that are otherwise only available through the menu, like IR-codes for:
  • direct access to specific visuals or info modes

• direct enable and disable codes for non-transparent info modes

• direct store/recall of bookmarks

• fast-forward one step (as an alternative to the repeated/held skip button)

among others, of course.

cu,
sven

#53177 - 05/02/2002 12:39 Re: Virtual IR codes for non-remote selectable functions [Re: smu]
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Hi.

Like said here, I will continue to bring up this thread until someone from empeg either says "nice idea, we will do it (in post-2.0 probably)", or "nice idea, but to hard to implement with the current source" or even "stupid idea, drop it".

So, you nice people in Cambridge: How about this idea?

cu,
sven

#53178 - 05/02/2002 21:49 Re: Virtual IR codes for non-remote selectable functions [Re: smu]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Let's also add a fake code for "Visual-" and something I started to bring up in another thread:

A button that would move forward in playlists the same way the number keys work. Each time you press it, it goes to the first track starting with the NEXT letter in the alphabet. There should be a similar function to move backwards through the playlist as well. These functions would have to look at what the currently selected item starts with so it would know what letter to move to next.

Great and fast way to move through playlists when not using the Rio or Kenwood remotes. Mappable with Hijack of course.

Bruno

#53179 - 06/02/2002 14:02 Re: Virtual IR codes for non-remote selectable functions [Re: smu]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
I vote in favor of this idea.