Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#53677 - 02/01/2002 16:08 Speaker goes out
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
A few times since I've upgraded to 2.0b7, my left front speaker has had no sound coming from it when the empeg comes up. Playing with the balance and fader doesn't help. Nudging the empeg in its sled doesn't help. Holding down the upper button to turn it off and turning it back on *does* fix it (in the two or three times it's happened). I don't think it's a problem with my amp or with the wiring because of what seems to fix it. I didn't see this problem prior to 2.0b7, but I only ran 2.0b3 for about a week, so it's possible that it may have existed there, too. The sound might also not be coming from another speaker. The next time it happens (if it does), I'll double-check that.

#53678 - 03/01/2002 06:06 Re: Speaker goes out [Re: wfaulk]
jwtadmin
enthusiast

Loc: Ipswich, MA
Hey! The same thing is happening to me.

Although for me pushing on the left side of the facia fixes it, usually. I've been meaning to pull the sled and solder the wires to the pins on the connector.

#53679 - 03/01/2002 12:13 Re: Speaker goes out [Re: jwtadmin]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I swear that pushing on the unit does not help. I've even been extra ginger in pressing the top button to cut it on and off to make sure that I wasn't doing two things at once. And I've pushed with varying forces right next to the top button to try to fake that. It really does seem to be a software issue. Unfortunately, it doesn't happen often enough for me to rev down the software and be able to concusively say that it doesn't happen anymore. Not without living with it for weeks or, likely, months.