Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#5406 - 03/03/2000 11:17 Professional installers, Australia
Thanatos
new poster

Loc: Australia
Greetings.

I'm just scoping for ideas and suggestions for professional installers of car audio
gear in Australia - particularly if anyone has had an Empeg installed by someone
other than themselves.

I can probably do it myself but I find I am unable to provide myself with a warranty
for my work, which makes it hard when I want to come back to myself and demand
a refund when I buggered something up.

I live in Perth, Western Australia, but would appreciate comments from anyone in
the country.

In the time it'll take before the production line gets up to my number, I will hopefully
have saved enough for a decent amp and speakers. Currently my Soarer is packing
a Panasonic CD player (OK) and what appear to be stock speakers (OK-ish).

Cheers,

Andrew.

--
Empeg registered user number ten million and something

#5407 - 09/03/2000 23:39 Re: Professional installers, Australia [Re: Thanatos]
PaulWay
addict

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Well, I guess it's out of the question you coming over to Brisbane to have a look at the install my brother did. :-)

He's taken it around to a couple of the car sound shops he goes to and shown it to them. They ask the standard questions ("that thing takes how much music?") and, from what he's said, they're all relatively knowledgeable enough to install it. After all, it's not difficult...

I think it all comes down to finding an installer you trust. Take the unit, or a page of specs, around to a couple of places and talk to them. If they give you the shrug-off or tell you they can't do it, then you don't want to do business with them. If they start talking big bucks, or going beyond the boundaries of what you want to do, then likewise ditch them. One place I went to, long before I heard of the empeg, started talking in the multiple thousands of dollars for a system - when I had told them I was looking at a couple hundred.

So just find someone you can work with, and check their guarantees.

Save the whales. Feed the hungry. Free the mallocs.

#5408 - 05/04/2000 18:33 Re: Professional installers, Australia [Re: Thanatos]
soul
new poster

Loc: West Australia
Hiya,

I had my Toyota MR2 fitted with my empeg this week. I had Audiocomm in Osborne Park fit the unit and the amp+speakers+sub that I bought for the occasion.

Their install overall was fine... they had no idea how to fix alternator noises etc on the empeg. I'm sure they could have installed a deck no probs, but the empeg gave them headaches.

I ended up spending last night ripping the dash apart and regrounding the floating grounds. I've managed to get rid of 99% of any engine noise. Now I just have to tune my amp back in a bit after getting a bit over zealous with the gain/lpf/hpf settings :)

I'm sure that influx will be getting his RX7 installed pretty damn shortly too so if you want to check out two working units drop us a message.

-soul