Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#56137 - 07/01/2002 16:02 Chicago area installer & install questions.
bpb31
new poster

Loc: Chicago, IL
I just received my 20GB Empeg and Tuner. I'm going to use it with a TBD entry/mid level 4 channel amp and my Hyundai Sante Fe's stock speakers. Can anyone recommend an experienced empeg installer in the Chicagoland area? Is there anything in particular I should tell the installer about the tuner or any other install tidbits they should be made aware of? Thanks in Advance

#56138 - 07/01/2002 16:13 Re: Chicago area installer & install questions. [Re: bpb31]
djc
enthusiast

Loc: chicago
i just had mine installed at sound design in berwyn, and i was very satisfied. they're on harlem, a mile or so south of the eisenhower. they had never seen an empeg before, but i gave them all the info they needed and they did a great job. they spent two full days on my install, making sure everything was as stealth as i wanted it to be.

another poster has used ABT up in morton grove, and he reported a good experience there.

--dan.

#56139 - 07/01/2002 16:16 Re: Chicago area installer & install questions. [Re: bpb31]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
If you have a motorized antenna, use the blue lead from the tuner module to raise lower the antenna, and the blue lead from the sled to turn on/off amp...
Check the extension cable that goes between sled and tuner, wires should go 1to1, 2to2 etc, except the blue antenna lead (miswired extensions have been reported).

And tell them to not, under any circumstances, cut anything off, even if they don't know what it's for...

If you plan to have another sled+tuner, know what the ID is set to (the rotary 0-15 switch) on the tuner module.

/Michael