Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#57418 - 10/01/2002 10:24 NOT eBay: maybe good omen??
amaximow

With all the negative and silly eBay discussions going on this BBS, I thought I would share something with the group. Maybe its a little premature to make a SWAG (sweeping wild-ass generalization) like "there are more Empegs being installed in this world than anything else", but at least its true in my small corner of the world. Yesterday, I was at my favorite car stereo installer here in the San Francisco Bay Area getting a new phone antenna installed, and my audio compenents rearranged, etc. (Actually, I finally cut the cord and nixed my head unit competely - what's the point??). While I waited I observed about half a day's worth of business at this place and here's what I saw: 1 whiny customer with a whining noise problem, and 2 other customers came in to have their Empegs installed, basically newbies who heard about the great sell-off by word of mouth. Shazzam!! The sales guy even commented that "lately they have been seeing more business installing these dang Empegs than anything else." Of course I got over aroused telling these guys about my great Empeg, the phonomenal Empeg engineering team, and of course the unbelievable user community on this BBS.

Looking forward to next generation from the Empeg team!!
--Andrew

#57419 - 10/01/2002 10:51 Re: NOT eBay: maybe good omen?? [Re: amaximow]
Chao

2 other customers came in to have their Empegs installed, basically newbies who heard about the great sell-off by word of mouth.
>

Good odds that they heard about it from Anandtech's forums, which have a decent amount of traffic and a thread about the empeg sale.

#57420 - 10/01/2002 10:55 Re: NOT eBay: maybe good omen?? [Re: amaximow]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
What's the name of the installer? I know there were more than a few people in the Bay Area asking for good installers around here....

#57421 - 10/01/2002 11:11 Re: NOT eBay: maybe good omen?? [Re: loren]
amaximow

Monney in Redwood City. Most of their crew have good experience with Empegs. The owner, Leo Monney, works at this location. I get treated very well, and they let me look over their shoulder as they are working. BTW, if you search on "Monney" on this BBS, you will find that other posters have recommended to stay away from other Monney locations particularly in Serrammonte.
--Andrew