Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#59496 - 16/01/2002 09:10 Do these features exist?
TedP

Loc: South Bay, CA: USA
Well, I got my RioCAR installed, and it sounds and looks great! (especially compared to my old NEO35). A couple of features that existed in the NEO would be nice to have.. just wondering if they are possible, or if anyone has written hacks for them:

- remembering where you are in the playlist: every time i hit the playlist button, it takes me to the top of the directory tree. is there any way to get it to pick off at the last point i navigated to?

- similarly, whenever you hit "enter" (down button) in any menu, it takes you back to the top menu, can this be stopped?

- is there a way to speed up scrolling through directory items. on my NEO, if i held the scroll key pressed, after a few seconds, all the directory items would start flying. this would let me get to a general area real quick, and then slow down to select the playlist i wanted.

- The total time on my mp3s are displayed incorrectly (usually too large). This was also a problem on the NEO, but they fixed it in their firmware. I know there's issued with the total time when using VBR, but is this something that anyone has been able to solve for the RIO?

- finally, just wondering what solutions people have come up with to sync the RIO with their computer. My "master" mp3s are on my desktop (windows 2000), and i would like to "sync" deltas to the RIO. Since my old NEO showed up as a hard drive, I actually used the "my briefcase" feature of Windows to keep the files synced. Since EMPLODE doesnt do the trick, is there any other solution? It would be great to be able to mount the RIO as a virtual drive. If not, I saw that Hijack provides an FTP server. Has anyone used this to keep their files synced?

Im having too much fun with this thing!! Thanks in advance,
-Ted

#59497 - 16/01/2002 09:22 Re: Do these features exist? [Re: TedP]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
remembering where you are in the playlist: every time i hit the playlist button, it takes me to the top of the directory tree. is there any way to get it to pick off at the last point i navigated to?

If you're using v2.0b7, you can press the down button once to highlight 'Playlists'. Holding it down then takes you to the same place you were in last time.

At any playlist level, holding the down button allows you to 'insert'/'append'/'replace', as with the search screens.

is there a way to speed up scrolling through directory items. on my NEO, if i held the scroll key pressed, after a few seconds, all the directory items would start flying. this would let me get to a general area real quick, and then slow down to select the playlist i wanted.

You can use the alphabetic buttons on the remote to skip. Otherwise, the wheel should go pretty quickly.

...My "master" mp3s are on my desktop (windows 2000), and i would like to "sync" deltas to the RIO...

I'm hacking on something like this in my copious spare time. Don't hold your breath, though.

#59498 - 16/01/2002 09:25 Re: Do these features exist? [Re: Roger]
jwtadmin
enthusiast

Loc: Ipswich, MA
In reply to:

If you're using v2.0b7, you can press the down button once to highlight 'Playlists'. Holding it down then takes you to the same place you were in last time.

When did this feature show up? That's cool!

#59499 - 16/01/2002 09:35 Re: Do these features exist? [Re: TedP]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
If running 2.0b7

- yes go to the top menu playlist and then hold down the bottom buttonand you should go to the last point in your playlist

- Not really as when you select an item it goes back to no menu i think

- No but with all the search features you can get around very quick or if you arrange the playlists nicely you can navigate very quick.

- if running 2.0B7 me think this is fixed

- Pass

#59500 - 16/01/2002 09:37 Re: Do these features exist? [Re: thinfourth2]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
Bugger pop off to make a cup of tea while making post and you get beaten to it

#59501 - 16/01/2002 09:48 Re: Do these features exist? [Re: Roger]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
In reply to:

I'm hacking on something like this in my copious spare time. Don't hold your breath, though.

Roger, you rock for even considering this. The "Right click" to download was your work too wasn't it?

Anyway, thank you! Even if you don't get the time to work on it much!

(turning blue from lack of oxygen)

#59502 - 16/01/2002 10:15 Re: Do these features exist? [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
The "Right click" to download was your work too wasn't it?

Er, yeah, see Rob's post http://empeg.comms.net/php/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=empeg_general&Number=16863, dated 14/09/00 01:17 PM:

In reply to:

I know for a fact that a comprehensive USB backup tool can be written in a weekend (someone has done it, the code is NOT available and no I won't tell you who it was).

Well, it was me .

#59503 - 16/01/2002 12:29 Re: Do these features exist? [Re: TedP]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Congratulations on the new toy!

Most of your other questions have been answered, but I wanted to cover this one:

The total time on my mp3s are displayed incorrectly (usually too large).

This is covered in the FAQ, here.

#59504 - 16/01/2002 19:15 Re: Do these features exist? [Re: Roger]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
In reply to:

I was hoping for a feature like this I wonder what other thing you have hidden in there.

Matt

#59505 - 16/01/2002 23:46 Re: Do these features exist? [Re: TedP]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
is there a way to speed up scrolling through directory items
I haven't seen anyone propose this answer, but if you use the knob, you can just spin it fast and it'll jump pretty far. It takes a while to get the hang of it, but it works well for me.