Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#6231 - 16/10/1999 20:44 Be like Kenwood?
PaulWay@home
new poster

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Just thought I'd say something I've been thinking about the unit for a while now.

Can you imagine ringing up or emailing Kenwood, Clarion or Blaupunkt and telling them about something you wanted their player to do? Can you imagine being told that they'd seriously consider adding that feature? Can you imagine receiving some of those features for free, either because the manufacturer is kind enough to let you have them or because enthusiasts around the planet have helped you out?

Doesn't seem likely with the major corporations, does it? And yet this is exactly what we're doing here! We get a direct line to empeg, and the features we talk about get put on their (admittedly huge) list of things to do. And some of those features, because they're changes to software, get given to you free. People here trade tips, tricks and traps all the time.

I wish more of the people that seem to be complaining about empeg not tugging the forelock and saying "Yes sir this instant" to every suggestion in this entire menagerie would remember this. We have a very precious link to our developers here, let's not treat them like slaves.

Feed the Hungry. Save the Whales. Free the Mallocs.

#6232 - 17/10/1999 14:53 Re: Be like Kenwood? [Re: PaulWay@home]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Consider this a big DITTO. I'm just a little bit embarassed that I didn't think of posting the same sort of thing before this. Hugo, Mac, Rob, et al -- I know you're having the time of your life doing this thing, I just hope you all get to be filthy rich from it as well.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"