Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#6271 - 20/10/1999 14:46 Configure the empeg via emplode
tadzio
journeyman

Loc: Munich. Germany
Triggered by someone else's wish to have the function of the 'att' and 'src' keys on the Kenwood steering wheel remote changed, I thought it might be a good idea to add a 'Configure Empeg' menu item (with several sub-menu items) to emplode, plus adding some sort of protocol to transmit the configuration settings made there to the empeg. Most of these settings will be made rather seldom, so emplode seems to be the right place for them (rather than on the empeg itself, where the menu system should be kept as simple as possible, not the least for security reasons).
So, what kind of settings am I talking about? One candidate would be to turn off or on the blinking empeg standby mode LED. Another could, of course, be to re-assign the keys on the remote(s) to different functions, or even switch them to totally different codes (for those, like me, who have a Kenwood head unit and can't use the remote because it confuses either the head unit or the empeg), or disable some completely (e.g. the volume buttons for those who feed the empeg output into anothother head unit).
I'm quite sure over time there will be some other items that could be made configurable from within emplode coming up. What do you all think?

#6272 - 21/10/1999 05:23 Re: Configure the empeg via emplode [Re: tadzio]
mac
addict

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Such a facility is already in the works. In fact, it is possible to turn off the disk spinning indicator already - except emplode doesn't have the UI to do it :-(

Switching remotes usually needs a completely different IR driver unless you can find a Kenwood remote that generates completely different codes.

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)