Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#6341 - 27/11/1999 12:47 My suggests
tempestb
new poster

Maybe I'm just missing on some of these and they already exist. Somebody should make a FAQ. Especially for the remote.

#1. A hot delete function on the remote. When your dealing with thousands of songs, it's quite possible one of them is going to be corrupted, so it'd be nice to delete it with the remote. Maybe make it password protected or something.

#2. A search feature in Emplode. Not all of us have organized directories like the libraries card catalog. And I tend to forget where one particular song is. It can be a time consuming affair trying to hunt it down in the lists.

#3. A way to back up through displays. Currently I can forward through them, and I tend to favor one, but then accidently hit the advance button due to my goth sized hands screwing with the remote in the dark. Now I gotta press the advanced button a zillion times to get back to the display I was at. Meanwhile, I've gotten into a car wreck because I've been staring at the Empeg screen hoping I haven't missed it.

#4. A carry bag for sale so I can carry my Empeg to and from the car without getting it wet, or looking like I just stole it out of someones car. And yes, I did get stopped by the police asking me what I had and where I had gotten it.

#5. Setting the equalizer through Emplode. Be nice.

#6. The ability to make a song have a PIN through the remote control. In case you realize you forgot to set one up or didn't bother. Be nice to be able to set one while idling at a red light.

Werd
Kevin

#6342 - 29/11/1999 09:24 Re: My suggests [Re: tempestb]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
A way to back up through displays.

You should be able to use the "*" character to back up.

A carry bag for sale so I can carry my Empeg to and from the car without getting it wet, or looking like I just stole it out of someones car. And yes, I did get stopped by the police asking me what I had and where I had gotten it.

Yes Rob - where are the carry-bags? My wife reckons she could have knocked off about 200 leather ones by now - I thought production was "imminent"?

Funny you should say this today - I made the mistake of leaving mine in the car for the first time this weekend. When I went out to collect it (in the dark, Sunday evening - mistake), I got pulled by a copper (on a bicycle) and given the once over. He didn't believe the unit was mine in spite of the fact I had the keys for the car still in my hand; I got let off, but it sounded like he was going to book me for "possesion of a strange-looking car radio"

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015