Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#6452 - 29/12/1999 17:14 multiple
markin
new poster

1. The ability to reconfigure the remote keys. Like Quake bindings, it would be nice if I could just edit a text file and make the "aux" button a "mute" key since I don't have a Aux input. There are a few other keys I would change and I'm sure you all have your list of revisions, so a way to customize them would be very cool!

Making the front panel keys changable also would be cool.

2. Making the volume move faster. This is something that should be addressed in a preferences menu or a config file. I would really like to be able to move the volume MUCH faster and in bigger steps.

Also, I would like the volume meter to go from one to ten (or 11!!!) insted of decibels of attenuation. Again, this would be a nice "preference"

3. When a playlist stops playing the player goes black. This is just plain weird. Maybe it could go to the next playlist?!

4. it would be nice if we could have time remaining in the track as well as the playlist instead of just forward time.

Empeg #249. In use for 5 days, in the shop for 3 weeks.
Empeg #249.

#6453 - 29/12/1999 18:06 Re: multiple [Re: markin]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
1. The ability to reconfigure the remote keys.

I think I saw "Mac" say that this was already in the works.

Also, I would like the volume meter to go from one to ten (or 11!!!)

Well, then, why don't you make 9 the loudest, and when you need to go higher, you just turn it up to 10?
("But... these go up to 11...")

3. When a playlist stops playing the player goes black. This is just plain weird. Maybe it could go to the next playlist?!

Oh! Just go into the playlist's properties in Emplode, and set the "Automatically Repeat" feature. Then it'll repeat that playlist when it hits the end. Personally, I think that this should be the DEFAULT behavior, since I always set that checkbox each time I create a new playlist anyway.

4. it would be nice if we could have time remaining in the track as well as the playlist instead of just forward time.

I'll bet that doing this (as well as implementing my percentage bar idea) would depend upon the software calculating the song length ahead of time. I'm not sure it can do this at the moment. This would require extra disk access, as it would need to scan every frame header in the MP3 file before it can accurately display this number. Maybe it's already in the library and they just haven't implemented it yet. Mac? Any comment on this?

#6454 - 30/12/1999 08:01 Re: multiple [Re: tfabris]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
sure, this works fine as long as you're in a playlist..but what about when you search for a song? I think there should be a "default" playlist that the unit falls back on..or maybe the previous playlist? personally a shuffled version of my music would be nice after the songs that I perticularly choose..
-mark

Oh! Just go into the playlist's properties in Emplode, and set the "Automatically Repeat" feature. Then it'll repeat that playlist when it hits the end. Personally, I think that this should be the DEFAULT behavior, since I always set that checkbox each time I create a new playlist anyway.

...proud to have one of the first Mark I units

#6455 - 30/12/1999 22:47 Re: multiple [Re: dionysus]
markin
new poster

And anyway, what I want is for the player to go to the next playlist.

Basiclly my playlists are cd's and I want it to go to the next CD like a CD player does!

Empeg #249. In use for 5 days, in the shop for 3 weeks.
Empeg #249.

#6456 - 06/01/2000 07:24 Re: multiple [Re: markin]
stig
new poster

Loc: Cumbria, UK
Set the unit so that Shuffle is Off.
Then just select the arrow after selecting Playlist (press the bottom button on the unit 3 times)
and it will play all the tracks in playlist order.