Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#644 - 07/10/1999 18:53 Visual Question
duranike
journeyman

2 questions concerning visuals. (1) What is the max number of differnet visual? (2) What happened to that bouncing ball visual? That was like the best one!! Hugo? Rob? Is there any way you can use it again and or just send it to me? Thanks
-Jordan

#645 - 08/10/1999 01:32 Re: Visual Question [Re: duranike]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK

> (2) What happened to that bouncing ball visual?

That was originally written to test one of the prototype players - I think it was almost the first program written for the player! It doesn't animate to the beat or do anything vaguely clever, but people do seem to like it.

There's no real limit on the number of visuals, but the way that they "plug in" to the player is likely to be reviewed soon to lessen their impact on memory usage. It's likely that at some stage you will be able to pick and choose the visuals that you want resident in your own player.

Rob

#646 - 08/10/1999 13:57 Re: Visual Question [Re: rob]
duranike
journeyman

Please Please Please can you use the bouncing ball thing again. It really is cool. It porabably looks better just randomly bouncing around rather then reacting to the music. :) Thanks
-Jordan