Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#65556 - 01/02/2002 10:21 Installing a second drive under warranty
dmob
journeyman

Loc: Boston
I know that if you install a second drive into your empeg on your own then you are voiding your warranty. I also seem to remember reading something on the BBS that said that Cambridge is no longer installing second drives for some reason (I just can't remember the reason ) That seems to only leave us the option of doing it on our own and voiding the precious warranty. I don't think I am willing to do that right now since I just got the player.

I am wondering is if SonicBlue could authorize a shop somewhere that would be able to add additional drives and still keep the warranty intact. Maybe this has been thrown around already and I didn't see it but I wanted to see what others thought about it.

#65557 - 01/02/2002 10:46 Re: Installing a second drive under warranty [Re: dmob]
David
addict

Loc: Cambridge
I can still provide drive upgrades, however the pricing is not very favourable as with the recent price reductions, the cost is more than we were selling the players for.

At present I can only provide 20GB drive upgrades at 200UKP, excluding shipping and any applicable taxes.