Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#73112 - 19/02/2002 08:22 Emplode Download Enhancement
mavantix
new poster

Using Emplode v2.00-beta11, I noticed the nice little download feature to retrieve MP3's from the unit. I was wondering if the following enhancements could be considered for the v2 final release:

1. When downloading a "tree", like a play list, it would be nice if it created a folder structure like the tree you clicked on to download it. IE:

Rock
+ Band Name
++ CD 1
++ CD 2

...Right clicking on Rock and doing a download would then save a dir like "Rock\Band Name\CD 1\thesongnamehere.mp3"... Maybe there could just be a checkbox on the download location dialog to save the folder hierarchy?

2. A way to define the song names, like, what fields Emplode uses to create the file name from? Maybe a picklist of Album Name, Track #, Song Name, Artists, ect. and what order you want them in... Some may like to be able to have "01 - artist - track name.mp3", while I happen to like "artist -01- track name.mp3"... A simple string replacement thing would work well, like "@ARTIST@ -@TRACK@- @SONGNAME@" type thing, that way we could even define what separator characters to use in naming the files...

Sorry for the feature creep, just my two cents...

#73113 - 19/02/2002 08:25 Re: Emplode Download Enhancement [Re: mavantix]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
If you can use Ethernet, the Jemplode software has both of these features. Check it out, it's quite good.