Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#73400 - 20/02/2002 09:58 kind of a problem
jbradshw
journeyman

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Well I got my new Rio in today and was just about to install it in my car when i noticed that the orange ignition sense wire was just dangling. Its connected fine in the ISO connector but the other end I assume is supposed to plug into the car bay. I'm wondering if this wire is actually needed. I'm having the Rio run into my head unit (which runs to my amp). If I do need this ignition sense, then I assume I only need to connect the yellow to power, black to ground, and orange to ignition sense. Is this all I need? If so could someone tell me a way to easily get the orange wire back into the Rio? Thanks.

#73401 - 20/02/2002 10:46 Re: kind of a problem [Re: jbradshw]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Having both wires connected properly to their correct power sources is critical to the operation of the player. You need both the constant power and the switched power, and they need to go to the right things.

You have received one of the sleds with a badly-crimped connector. Contact support to have your faulty connector replaced before attempting an installation.

#73402 - 21/02/2002 15:41 Re: kind of a problem [Re: tfabris]
jbradshw
journeyman

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Well I fixed it. I just resoldered the wire back in to the bad crimp. I thought about doing this at first but wasn't sure how I was going to get to the crimp itself and then I realized that I could unscrew the black connector from the back of the car bay and lo and behold there was the crimp plain as could be so it worked out well.

#73403 - 21/02/2002 15:47 Re: kind of a problem [Re: jbradshw]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
You might want to solder the rest of them while you're in there. If one came out completely, the others might be loose.